[FO1] Destruction of Shady Sands

• Thread starter Thread starter Vault-Dweller
  • Start date Start date
V

Vault-Dweller

Destruction of Shady Sands

I know that the deaths of the Super Mutants garrison in Necropolis leads to the Mutant invasion there (ie: if you don't kill the Mutants, Necropolis doesn't get invaded), but what events sets off Shady Sands' destruction? When i play it, sometimes it is destroyed, sometimes it's not. Why is this? is is random, is it time related?

RE: Destruction of Shady Sands

I am not sure but I think you need to rescue Tandi from the raiders.

RE: Destruction of Shady Sands

>I know that the deaths of
>the Super Mutants garrison in
>Necropolis leads to the Mutant
>invasion there (ie: if you
>don't kill the Mutants, Necropolis
>doesn't get invaded), but what
>events sets off Shady Sands'
>destruction? When i play it,
>sometimes it is destroyed, sometimes
>it's not. Why is this?
>is is random, is it
>time related?

It depends on the time you take to destroy the Military base and the Cathedral. The mutant army is moving from the south to the north and the longer you take the more chance Shady Sands is attacked. I don't know the exact figures, though.

Destruction of Shady Sands

I know that the deaths of the Super Mutants garrison in Necropolis leads to the Mutant invasion there (ie: if you don't kill the Mutants, Necropolis doesn't get invaded), but what events sets off Shady Sands' destruction? When i play it, sometimes it is destroyed, sometimes it's not. Why is this? is is random, is it time related?
In my experience, and they might have fixed this since Bethesda took over, this is what you do to save shady sands even if in the ending it says it was overrun by mutants. Not in this specific order.

1. Do nothing about the scorpions in the cave, the mutants will use it as a staging area and it will weaken them specifically so the townhome guard can and will win that fight. Leaving only a radio man as a survivor when you go to investigate
2. Rescue Tandy
3. Make sure you do business with the doctor so he can synthesize and anti-Venom
4. Eliminate the super mutant invading forces at necropolis, All of them, including those who would wipe out the ghouls, alternatively, you leaving Harry in charge of the Garrison and leaving them alone ensures they don't advance. But it does mean that they're cultists end up all over the place. The cultists offer decent health care so, not a total loss.
5. Do nothing about the great khans
6. Eliminate Mariposa before you eliminate the cathedral.

Time permitting whether the city stands or falls, you will still get the notification that it is destroyed, because if you take too long settlements will be destroyed by the Masters army regardless of how much you set them back.

As for the advice I have given, I am doing my first playthrough in over 5 years, so I don't know if it's still valid and I am only reciting it from memory. I will update if it's still proves to be useful

Back