[Fo1] In what order do you get the holodisks & pipboy entries?

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Modder
Hey guys,

This is actually an important question and information for me so please take a minute to respond, if you're reading this. Thanks :)

I want to know what is the typical order in which people find these, while playing the game. You can just list by letter or number instead of typing out the names. THANK YOU!!! :cool:

If there are any you usually don't pick up at all, please let me know which ones.

Code:
[A or 1]    FEV Experiments Disk  (from The Glow)
[B or 2]    Vault Locations  (from Mrs. Stapleton in The Hub)
[C or 3]    Ancient Brotherhood Disk  (required for join Brotherhood quest, from The Glow)
[D or 4]    Alpha Experiments Disk  (from The Glow)
[E or 5]    Delta Experiments Disk  (from The Glow)
[F or 6]    Vree Autopsy Reports  (from BoS, for endgame)
[G or 7]    Regulator Transmission  (for Adytum, Jon & Razor quest)
[H or 8]    Mutant Radio Transmissions  (from The Hub, required for missing caravans quest)
[I or 9]    Sophia Disk  (from Brotherhood of Steel)
[J or 10]   Maxson Disk  (from Brotherhood of Steel)
[K or 11]   Richard Grey Audio Diary  (from Vats Control Computer in Military Base, not a physical disk)
[L or 12]   Captain Maxson Diary  (from Vats Control Computer in Military Base, not a physical disk)
[M or 13]   FEV Research  (from ZAX in The Glow, not a physical disk)
[N or 14]   West Tek Records  (from ZAX in The Glow, not a physical disk)

Last edited:
I've just started a new FO1 playthrough. Here's what I have so far, in the order I acquired them:

* Mutant Radio Transmissions

* Vault Locations

Am headed for the Brotherhood for the first time now, so I'll probably pick up the other items at the Glow next. I'll post what items I encounter in game shortly.

Here's my rationale from an RP perspective: I figured I had better send the water caravans to the Vault ASAP to extend my search time. But then hearing about caravan attacks got me worried about the viability of this option, so I investigated them and found the Super Mutant in the Deathclaw's lair. This obviously had me concerned, but finding a replacement chip was still my priority, so I did some research at the library and got a hold of the Vault Locations holotape..

It's been awhile since I played the original, but it should probably be noted that most of the players I've known in real life never pay good caps for the locations disk from Ms. Staple(ton) after their first playthrough. It's rare that I ever put up the caps for it upon hitting the Hub, myself, unless I'm RPing and feel the character would do the same. Occasionally I won't evej bother to pick it up; completionist that I am, it's more common that I pick it up after joining the Brotherhood (and get the holodisks there), when there's no chance I'll miss the caps.

I don't know how helpful this will be to you without exact notation, but I'll usually get the mutant transmissions first, followed by the Regulator transmissions on my way south from the Brotherhood to the Glow, followed by everything at The Glow, then everything at the Brotherhood, then the Vault Locations disk, and finally everything at Mariposa.

Last edited:
Back