[FO1] Military Base - Elevator / Keys

• Thread starter Thread starter LaRock
  • Start date Start date
L

LaRock

Military Base - Elevator / Keys

Does the elevator that is out-of-order lead down to the Master's room? How can you fix the elevator? What are the code keys, and the other key for? I've killed everybody, but don't know how to get further down.

Also, is there a way to get to the Vats or out onto the walkways beside the Vats? I can see them through the control room window, but don't know how to get out there.

RE: Military Base - Elevator / Keys(minor spoiler)

The master mutant is located at the cathederal; he is on the 3rd floor of the vault(which lays beneath the main building). Head through the door on the wall to the right. There will be a hallway of flesh and the ugly dude will talk to you.

The liuetant(?) runs the military base and is found on the 3rd level of the base. I've not been able to find a way to fix the elevator. Im sure you've killed him already though. He is hard to miss because when you talk to him a talking head pops up(ala "Set-ghoul leader" and other important or not so important characters).

RE: Military Base - Elevator / Keys

You don't actually ever need to have an encounter with the Master. If you can find the nuclear warhead in the basement of the cathedral, you can activate that and leave. The blast will take care of him. Anyway, the Master battle is kinda tough -- sort of like fighting Melchior in Fallout 2 (unless you happen to critical him from long range before he can summon the Deathclaws).

Back