[FO2] Help! Can't find NavComp!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Help! Can't find NavComp!

Ich have the Fuel, the FOB, but I need the NavComp to install it in the comp Room of the tanker where can I find this damn think.... I looked everwhere travelled everwhere...

pleazzz help me!

RE: Help! Can't find NavComp!

I take it that you haven't been to Vault 13. It's in one of the lockers on the third level.

please help me!!! Problems to finish Fallout 2

Hi, i'm David, from spain, and I'm playing FO2. I've done almost everything, and I just have to go with the tanker to the Enclave. The problem is that I don't have the piece the computer needs to work... I found it some time ago in the game, and I've lost it somewhere.... I think I gave it to Broken Hills Sheriff, when he came with me to help me. Then he left me and I don't know where the hell is that piece... Is there any way of finding it again? Is there anyone with the same problem? I tryed to check all the places I remember I left stuff, but I couldn't find that bloddy piece.... And of course, it's not already in the Vaults, because I got it before... I don't have any saved game before the sheriff left me, so I can't go back to that point. Does anyone know a way of doing it without starting the whole game from the scratch?? PLEASE!!!!!! Thanks!
Ah, could you send me an e-mail to a82raald@yahoo.es? It's easier to check than the forum. Thanks again!!

OK, this is NOT "Might and Magic 8" and obviously you can't visit the oracle to get back your missing stuff.

But don't worry. Just make sure your characters Intelligence is equal to or smaller than 3 when speaking with the Brotherhood of Steel agent in the last city. This will allow you to run the tanker without those embarrasing problems. This can be done with the after-effects of Mentats.

Also, you may want to consult Per's Walkthrough , http://user.tninet.se/~wcw454p/guides.html though I'd disencourage that, at this point it'd be a big spoiler.

That's another possibility, maybe it was stolen by the children in the Den, try to look for it in the store of the guy who named Flick.

pennyliu123 said:
That's another possibility, maybe it was stolen by the children in the Den, try to look for it in the store of the guy who named Flick.

Try that or try planting dynamite on them. I also recommend planting dynamite on them if you find out that they indeed took it. Planting dynamite on children is always a good idea.

Oh, right, we were talking about lost items, not ways to spend your pasttime.

Hi guys. I'm a bit busy now, but as soon as I have some more time, I'll try all your suggestions, and I'll put dinamite in the children, if this makes happy somebody.... !!! ;-)
THANKS A LOT FOR THE HELP GIVEN!!
David

Or you can do another thing if you're playing in Widows environment: Alt+Tab out of the game, open Explorer, find your Fallout 2/data directory, inside it the maps direcrory, and inside it, find and delete the file "VAULT13.SAV" (make sure you're not IN vault 13 when you're doing it.

Then , go to Vault 13 and find enclosed the navComp parts. They're going to be in place, since the map is going to be restored to the original state.

You'll also get an extra GECK!

Oh lordy... i think I've screwed myself...

So... once, when i was exploring vault 13, I found these chips labeled "NavCom parts." They looked nice so I took them. However, being the pack rat that I am, I also took everything else from the vault...then sold all my loot at random places all over the map. NOW...I find out that i need the Navcom parts for the oil tanker and this normally would not be a big deal but i CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER WHO I SOLD THEM TOO! :x I was just wondering if there are any other NavCom parts in the game or must i comense on the great NavCom scavanger hunt...

Thanks for any help

Re: Oh lordy... i think I've screwed myself...

Xenon16 said:
So... once, when i was exploring vault 13, I found these chips labeled "NavCom parts." They looked nice so I took them. However, being the pack rat that I am, I also took everything else from the vault...then sold all my loot at random places all over the map. NOW...I find out that i need the Navcom parts for the oil tanker and this normally would not be a big deal but i CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER WHO I SOLD THEM TOO! :x I was just wondering if there are any other NavCom parts in the game or must i comense on the great NavCom scavanger hunt...

Thanks for any help

Nope those are the only parts I have ever found. You can either go hunting for them or use an inventory editor and put one in. Who would want to do that though? ;)

Your fucked.

Purely and simply.

:lol:

I guess the only way is going back and finding the piece, as killap stated. Other than that an inventory "cheat" is going to be your best shot mate.

There is a solution, with a stupid character you don't need the Parts. I don't remember exactly the way how to do it but you can find it in Pers Walkthrough. You just need to take a dose of psycho.
Good luck.

Allright...*sigh*....time to start this wild goose chase. However, just incase I get really tired of looking, where can dowload this wonderful thing called an "inventory editor?" Antway thanks for all the info guys :o

Xenon16 said:
Allright...*sigh*....time to start this wild goose chase. However, just incase I get really tired of looking, where can dowload this wonderful thing called an "inventory editor?" Antway thanks for all the info guys :o

Actually, the advice is wrong

Use a lot of Mentats, then wait for the negative to kick in so you temporarily go to INT of 1. Talk to Matt in San Fran if he's still alive and he'll install his own parts.

If Matt's dead, though, you're fucked.

Xenon16 said:

Do what silencer said. Has less spoilers!

Silencer said:
Or you can do another thing if you're playing in Widows environment: Alt+Tab out of the game, open Explorer, find your Fallout 2/data directory, inside it the maps direcrory, and inside it, find and delete the file "VAULT13.SAV" (make sure you're not IN vault 13 when you're doing it.

Then , go to Vault 13 and find enclosed the navComp parts. They're going to be in place, since the map is going to be restored to the original state.

You'll also get an extra GECK!

(Fallout 2) Lost Navicomputer part, am I doomed?

I realize this is mostly due to my own stupidity, but I desperately need an answer.

The problem is I lost the part you put in the navigational computer, on the tanker, the one you get in Vault 13. I did vault 13 wayyyyyyyyyyy back then, and have positively picked it up at the same time as the GECK. But now I cant find it.

I checked the inventory of the whole party, EVERY merchant in the game to see if they had it, no luck...

Then remembred I had Goris when I picked up the thing, and I stocked it in his inventory. Thing, Goris died in a random encounter sometimes after (the kind where its just a few mutants that apear and try to kill you, so it doesnt stay on the world map), and I just left his corpse to rot in the sun of the Wasteland since I was fed up with the dramatic "throw my cloak" animation that takes an hour. I didnt remeber giving him stuff at the time, and calmly left.

Sooooooooo... here I am, fully prepared to kick Enclave arse, with a power-armored team and a tanker full o' gas... and a stupid stupid computer that refuses to go because some stupid part rots on a Deathclaw scholar's body somewhere unreachable.

Am I doomed? is there any way to "force" the game to go forward? to ducplicate the item? I spent lots of hours on this character and doing it all over again for such a stupid mistake just to experience the ending would be...
:x :x :x to say the least.

Big thanks in advance for any answers.

There are a few options:

1. If haven't given Matt in the Brotherhood the Vertibird plans yet, make sure you use Psycho or Mentats after-effects to lower your Intelligence to < 4 when giving them up. That way, the Brotherhood will prepare the tanker for you. Alternatively, you can kill the Shi Emperor and get this reward from the chief hubologist, but you need a "stupid" IN for that too.
2. Load the game, Alt+Tab into Windows, open Explorer, go to Program Files/Black Isle/Fallout 2/Data/Maps and delete VAULT13.MAP. When you go back to Vault 13, the part will be back in the locker.
3. Inventory editor.

Back