Future ( bethesda's) Fallout with Chris Avelonne

Tiny Tim

Still Mildly Glowing
Do we have a thread for this? It seems like a real possibility after all.
Question is, could CA make a good fallout game under Bethesda's rules?

Even if they got him on board he wouldn't be able to write the entire game by himself. Whatever he writes would probably be good but then we'd have sidequests like beauty and the beast with a ghoul and a super mutant. :shrug:

I think the game would be rather... interesting.

We'd have Emil's dark yet somewhat whimsical nonsense with light hearted moments that are meant to tug at your heartstrings with Chris's nihilistic and depressing characters to put down your day.

Actually, I want to see that, I hope that's what happens in Fallout 5.

My best hopes are rather Mutants Rising, Fallout 1.5 Resurrection, Fallout of Nevada, and the Van Buren campaign on the Fonline engine.

I could extend to Project Brazil, if i ever get the will to dwelve into the Gamebryo engine again.

There is no hope with numbered Fallout games made by Beth, and too small hope for Obsidian spin-off that it is better to not count on it.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but the way I see it is Bethesda has to run out of bad ideas eventually, I don't think they can do any worse with the series than 4.

I'm not going to blindly buy future titles, but I haven't lost hope.

But I from rumors I've heard, Chris doesn't like the direction the series is going in, he wants it to stay a wasteland. This may be wrong, but it's what I heard.

They have billions of dollars and hundred employees whom the main purpose is to screw up the IP. They will screw up even more, looking for solution that we never thought possible to make it worse.
I don't think they want to screw up the IP. I think they want to pander to the kind of people who can't be arsed to read/listen to more than a few sentences, and who struggle with the idea of skills in RPGs, which naturally leads to them screwing the IP because the audience demands it.

That doesn't fit with voiced protagonist, radiant quest, hard coded craps, and so many other things that make it bad even for those who can't read and hate skills.

I don't think that MCA, as a freelancer nowadays, could be a lead anything (designer, writer. etc.) on any projects. Esp. not on a Beth title. Way too much involvement needed.

But I from rumors I've heard, Chris doesn't like the direction the series is going in, he wants it to stay a wasteland. This may be wrong, but it's what I heard.
There is an interview where Todd Howard says that one thing he didn't like about Fallout 3 was how depressing it was. It was like they didn't fully realize that they bought an ip about the post-apocalypse until after making a game about it. Anyway, that seemed to be why they went away from a bleak wasteland in Fallout 4.

Incidentally, my favorite thing about Fallout 4 was the Glowing Sea...before I had gone there. I just liked the idea that there was this place somewhere that was still a wasteland and might present some possibilities that you wouldn't find elsewhere in the game world.

No. MCA is not a gaming equivalent of the Philosopher's Stone, no matter what his past credentials. One man doesn't make a difference.
Definitely true.

If anyone wants proof of this, look to games like Broken Age (Tim Schaffer), Metroid: Other M (Yoshio Sakamoto), Mighty No. 9 (Keiji Inafune) and other infamous flops that had the presence of someone billed to be capable of capturing the essence of what made games in those niches great but flopped (or were disappointments).

Especially with regard to Other M.

Back