{game.opponentLevelOffset} = {0} What is it?

laclongquan

Boned Hunter of Sister
There's a specific thing I want to ask: bos.cfg has this line {game.opponentLevelOffset} = {0}. What does it do? Anyone here know or mess around with it before?

I think it's enemies' level variable, so I change it to 2 just to check if there's any change. Thing is, Redux Hard combat is very hard, but I am not sure if it's a Redux thing, or that variable. Equilibrium is merely hard, so the effect is also unknown.

I asked around, and Endocore respond:

"I don't know what this does. I tried adjusting game difficulty to various settings, and the value (0) didn't change. Therefore my guess is it's a debug feature that was turned off by the original developers, but the bos.cfg entry was never removed by them. There are a number of things like this present in the code; for example, there were switches to run the game in a window, start at any level, make pcs or npcs invulnerable, and so forth, but none of them work (or are deprecated) in the released version. I did some research and no other info is available on the setting you mentioned, so this is probably the case."

My guess based on a few observations on a FTBOS, modded by Redux, then Equilibrium, with that variable set to 2. I think it readjust the level of a few NPC based on that variable. I notice a few has HP in the range of hundreds despite my PC is only in level 7-8. I am not sure if how much that variable affect hostile entities, as the HP doesnt show anything noteworthy.
(Preoria, the turrets give 59 XP per killed)

I might try set it to 9 just to see how much they affect combat.

Well, leave it at 0 and the MC start at level 0 just as the two.
Also, the 6 initial initiates that you got even with CHA2 is at level 0 which is great for building them from start.

leave it at 2 and MC start at level 2. I dont remember much about that run, but if i remember correctly it's still at level 0 for all 6.

leave it at 9 and MC start at 9. The 6 start at 9 though.

Unsure if it change the level of enemy, which I think it will.

Back