GameCritics.com review

Ah, good stuff, sir coney.

That'll make the overall rating of the game at GameRankings.com fall that much lower.

dipdipdip0 said:
Ah, good stuff, sir coney.

That'll make the overall rating of the game at GameRankings.com fall that much lower.

I don't know if GameRankings.com counts this one. If not, mabye someone should submit this article?

Anyways, it's another bad review to consider when explaining it to gamers that don't truly understand the series. (you know, anybody that hasn't played the original two games) That, and I thought it would lift the spirits of fans here. :wink:

It's a shame when developers feel the urge to take a great franchise and tinker around with it—ultimately turning it into something else in the process. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is a fine example of everything that can wrong when taking this approach. The repetitive hack-and-slash gameplay has nothing in common with the earlier incarnations of the series and will surely alienate the Fallout faithful. Meanwhile, the newcomers to the Fallout universe aren't likely to be sucked in by the uninteresting and flat characters nor the nonexistent story. The end result is a game that no one but game reviewers and the morbidly curious gamer will play. Sometimes you make art—sometimes you make mediocre games. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is certainly the latter.

I couldn't agree more, I have tested the game, and I must say that the score of 4.5 (out of 10) is a tad to high for the game, I'd say it deserves somewhere along the lines of 3-3.5.

Wow... How "un-Fallanty":
screen05.jpg

Back