Ghouls? Do they look better compared to older fallout games?

xXxKillaHDxXx

First time out of the vault
the feral ghouls in fallout 4 have had a model remake, but does it look better or does it look worse?

Fallout 3 ghoul:
latest

Fallout 4 ghoul:
latest

okay the fallout 3 one looks like strogg ported from quake games

fallout 4 ghoul just look like elder scroll goblin

This logic also applies to non-feral Ghouls, I mean look at Gob compared to Hancock:

latest
latest

Hancock just looks like a wrinkled old fella without a nose, whereas Gob looks genuinely like a monster. You can see why someone would freak out from seeing Gob, but Hancock is far too polished.

The fallout 4 ghouls look like they have been rotted dry.

Fallout 3 ones look like they have been through a nuclear blast. With there body ugly and deformed!

Also i feel like bethestda has choosen agression (which is what makes them scary in fallout 4) over how they look. It would of been easier if bethesda did a retexture instead of remodeling :)

I don't feel that the FO3 or FO4 Ghouls do justice. I believe they need to be much more horrifying to the point that if you were unfamiliar with the series every time you would see one (friendly or not) you would automatically think they are some kind of evil.

I really feel Bethesda failed on the ghouls, so much wasted potential. If I had done the ghouls they would look much more grotesque and emaciated. I would want players to feel sick after looking at them to really dial in the potential hatred for them making the bigotry much more real in the game. Plus depending on how gross you could even debate a valid reason to why they go feral, which would actually make more sense than the ghoul form of menopause.

But Bethesda sugar coated them twice, and made what was considered a adult game into a kid friendly romp through the woods where everyone is welcome and blah blah blah.

I really wish they had the balls to go full on post apocalypse rather than sugar coat the entire game so "every" could play it.

Fallout 3 version was barely resembling the old models and Fallout 4 version is not even close. Maybe it's just me but Fallout 4 is seriously lacking in art department. New designs of Mutants, Ghouls, Deathclaws(which is horrible), BoS uniforms etc. all are worse than Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 version was barely resembling the old models and Fallout 4 version is not even close. Maybe it's just me but Fallout 4 is seriously lacking in art department. New designs of Mutants, Ghouls, Deathclaws(which is horrible), BoS uniforms etc. all are worse than Fallout 3.

I agree about the ghouls and mutants, but I think the BoS uniforms look fine and the new Deathclaws look pretty cool. Granted, they look nothing like the originals, but they're not ugly or anything.

I agree about the ghouls and mutants, but I think the BoS uniforms look fine and the new Deathclaws look pretty cool. Granted, they look nothing like the originals, but they're not ugly or anything.

Deathclaws are rather bulky and feel like a generic enemy from Doom (minus scare factor). Old art had a post apocalyptic mutant vibe:
latest

New deathclaws feels like they could be generic monsters from any action game.

The Deathclaws from Fallout 4 look like Skyrim dragons except smaller, wingless, and pathetic(well Skyrim dragons were pathetic too I just felt like expressing how much I hate the nudeathclaws.)

They could almost pass as some weird skeleton creatures from another dimension. In my opinion nothing will beat the Fallout 1 and 2 ghouls.

I just want feral ghouls to be something I pity again, rather than generic zombies. In Fallout 1, the fact that they all just stand around in groups, like they're lost or confused, and only attack you when you get close gives the impression of senility and makes me feel bad for killing them, more than anything.

I just want feral ghouls to be something I pity again, rather than generic zombies. In Fallout 1, the fact that they all just stand around in groups, like they're lost or confused, and only attack you when you get close gives the impression of senility and makes me feel bad for killing them, more than anything.
But... But you should feel good... Look at Fallout 3... you gain karma for killing feral ghouls... So it is a good thing... :facepalm:

In Fallout 4 there is no karma, so you should feel good about anything you do too... :facepalm:

Now why do people keep saying the old Fallout games are better? I have no idea...:rofl:

But... But you should feel good... Look at Fallout 3... you gain karma for killing feral ghouls... So it is a good thing... :facepalm:

In Fallout 4 there is no karma, so you should feel good about anything you do too... :facepalm:

Now why do people keep saying the old Fallout games are better? I have no idea...:rofl:
I would love me to see Bethesda troll people in the next Fallout game by making feral ghouls essential.

They look like weird burn victims, which at least makes sense. However, they should actually look like radiation-fueled zombies from a sci-fi flick. The ferals especially just look like clumps of living mud rather than the undead.

Back