Grounded Commonwealth

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
Grounded Commonwealth is a mod for Fallout 4 that overhauls hundreds of NPCs and thousands of records so that the experience now aligns more with what you would expect from a caricatured White America that never moved on from its 1950s Atomic Age culture.

Link:

Does this mean power armor will no longer be standing in the middle of the fucking street?

Ok so I found a moddb page for the mod that gives details in English:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/grounded-commonwealth/#8602723

It's about to be shot down apparently:
photo_2023-08-14_03-17-14-jpg.40042

e:
Apparently this mod is "controversial" and there's a lot of discussion going on at their ModDB page.

What's your main arguments for that?
No matter the intentions of this mod, I just think it was made to generate politically driven drama. Just the description of the mod alone screams BAIT, in order to "trigger the left" you know, to "counteract the mainstream liberal narratives & tropes" or whatever. I don't know, I'm just done with this bullcrap of everything being politicized within entertainment. And that goes for both right wing & left wing media/entertainment, they both suck!

Last edited:
Lol I looked into this mod and it basically overhauls the game to alter colored or female NPCs by replacing them with white males or vice versa depending on the situation and then changing the dialogue and voice acting to reflect the changes.

You can see here on their YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@GroundedCommonwealth/videos

The whole "experience now aligns more with what you would expect from a caricatured White America that never moved on from its 1950s Atomic Age culture" seems to just be an excuse for this blatantly racially motivated mod to not be banned from all main mod hosting sites like Nexus or ModDB, a failed one at that since for obvious reasons the mod has been relegated to mirrors and modding sites no one's ever heard of before.

In terms of game changes, other than refitting the game to reflect the changes of the NPCs, it doesn't seem to effect the gameplay, lore, writing, or any other Fallout 4-isms that make the game shit.

If anything all this mod does is double down on Bethesda's idea of the Fallout universe being the literal American 1950s in a nuclear future rather than what Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky envisioned here:

Last edited:
Back