Happy Birthday Fallout: New Vegas!

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
So, Fallout: New Vegas was released 10 years ago.
Yeah, it's been this long since we had a decent Fallout game.

That's it. Just noticed that nobody posted the news :D

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end"
latest

Not sure if you consider this the "ending" of Vegas or the final slide itself, but either way both were such a great way to end the Fallout series.

Been nearly as long since I played it. Might be time for a rerun of the game. Since I have a decently beefy pc does anyone have mod suggestions?

Any must haves?

Been nearly as long since I played it. Might be time for a rerun of the game. Since I have a decently beefy pc does anyone have mod suggestions?

Any must haves?

JSawyer Ultimate
YUP
PipWareUI
StewieAITweaks
Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod
NVAC
New Vegas Uncut
The Living Desert
Mojave Wildlife
Mojave Raiders
Strip Open
BrotherhoodClassicMusic
ArroyoNarrowsMusic
Note And Terminal Restoration

Off the top of my head those are my essentials. There's a few other minor ones that I can't call to mind.

I've been meaning to try the Brave New World mod which does all the revoicing but I'm putting off my Fallout marathon until I graduate next summer and I've got the free time.

Toilet paper for any career purposes
Are you gonna be a Starbucks barista/aspiring writer who enjoys ranting and raving about Fallout and has a wicked sense of humor?

Currently have an aspiring legion play through in the works, should be fun selling Arcade to Caesar and raping Ulysses with a flagpole; oh the memories!

Fallout%20Lanius_Concept%20Art%202.jpg

20b0185585e62149cc02946611900f47.jpg

I thought NV sucked. Might have just had Fallout Fatigue from 200 hours of F3. I'll give it a try again with Postman's mod suggestions.

I tried. I can't go back to the shooting of 3/NV after playing so much F4, its just too old.

Last edited:
I'd use Gopher's New Vegas Modding Guide as a base, I did.

Damn, kudos to Gopher for the guide.

An alternative to Gopher's guide to mod New Vegas with Vortex (from what I know, the updated version of NMM), is Viva New Vegas which used Mod Organizer 2 (MO2) instead. Have I known sooner that VNV existed, I would've made the migration from the outdated MO1 and ditched Fear&Loathing in New Vegas sooner.

Damn, kudos to Gopher for the guide.

An alternative to Gopher's guide to mod New Vegas with Vortex (from what I know, the updated version of NMM), is Viva New Vegas which used Mod Organizer 2 (MO2) instead. Have I known sooner that VNV existed, I would've made the migration from the outdated MO1 and ditched Fear&Loathing in New Vegas sooner.
Looks cool, I used the Gopher guide for mod organizer 2 as well.

Any must haves?

I think Project Nevada is good. I haven't done a full run through of the game with the mod but it improves the shooting cursor to one with spread (like in other FPS games and Fallout 4) along with new quests and things like that. Some texture and light improvements as well. There's also a sprint feature, but I don't really use it that much.

I think Project Nevada is good. I haven't done a full run through of the game with the mod but it improves the shooting cursor to one with spread (like in other FPS games and Fallout 4) along with new quests and things like that. Some texture and light improvements as well. There's also a sprint feature, but I don't really use it that much.
terribly outdated now, not updated in 8 years

I've never used Project Nevada. Other mods yea.

But here's to NV. Buggy as hell now and hard to get workin' but still fun.

Back