Fallout 2 mod Help required In configuring Fo1.5 :Resurrection

gustarballs1983

Vault Fossil
Modder
As thread says.

Actually I'm doing it on my Android phone.
I'm using ExaGear Windows Emulator (wine 3.0 on top of eltechs's exagear technology)
already installed directx-end-user-runtime-jun-2010, then entered winecfg and added overrides for libraries d3d8 (builtin),d3d9 (builtin), d3d9dim (native), d3d9drm (native), d3dx8 (native), d3dx9 (native) and all d3dx9 from 24 to 43 all native plus ddraw.

The game speed is not a problem intro movies play correctly and at full speed. the problem is that i get loading slides from fallout 2 and menu wallpaper from fallout 2 instead of the Resurrection ones which means fores.dat doesn't overwrite fallout2 master.dat. the game uses both high resolution pach *and* sfall. and at least sfall is confirmed to work since sfall version is displayed in lower right corner of main menu.

I'm using Samsung's A70 with 2d render forced on the gpu in developer options hardware wise to pull this stunt off.

Any tips on how to proceed?

EDIT:

as far as i can tell High res mod isn't working. hi res for ressurection has been tweaked a bit it seemes. judging by the .ini it is sepose to load fores.dat just after master.dat but id diesn't load it, additionally resolution is still 640x480 so i guess it still doesn't work.

so my edited question what .dll's does f2res.dll depend on so that i can include them in winecfg and be done with the damn configuration?

Last edited:
I actually use 4.1.8 since I've manually updated the .dll

Anyways I've got it working.

thing is resolution has to be set the same in both f2_res.ini and ddraw.ini and all dx9 libraries must be *both* native *and* builtin ddraw and f2res as well. additionally f2_res.ini must be set to use dx9 not dx7 as suggested by wine tutorial dx7 will not work on exagear wine build since there are no dx7 libraries there ( neigther dxwebsetup.exe nor dx-end-user-runtime-jun-2010 seem to have it). if some of them are set to native only HRP refuses to work if ddraw is set to native or builtin only it does not want to work eigther. it all has to be set to "native then builtin".

as to what I've managed to pull off is true here's a proof:

Screenshot_20191228-060936_ExaGear_-_Windows_Emulator[1].jpg

Also if anyone is interested in exact steps in order to run Fo 1,5: Resurrection, or any other classic fallout game for that matter, with latest Sfall *and* latest High Resolution Patch on ExaGear Windows emulator (on Android), with additional tips on how to improove efficiency in settings to squeeze out as much as you can from your handheld, then let me know and I'll explain.

Last edited:
I actually use 4.1.8 since I've manually updated the .dll

Anyways I've got it working.

thing is resolution has to be set the same in both f2_res.ini and ddraw.ini and all dx9 libraries must be *both* native *and* builtin ddraw and f2res as well. additionally f2_res.ini must be set to use dx9 not dx7 as suggested by wine tutorial dx7 will not work on exagear wine build since there are no dx7 libraries there ( neigther dxwebsetup.exe nor dx-end-user-runtime-jun-2010 seem to have it). if some of them are set to native only HRP refuses to work if ddraw is set to native or builtin only it does not want to work eigther. it all has to be set to "native then builtin".

as to what I've managed to pull off is true here's a proof:

View attachment 14340

Also if anyone is interested in exact steps in order to run Fo 1,5: Resurrection, or any other classic fallout game for that matter, with latest Sfall *and* latest High Resolution Patch on ExaGear Windows emulator (on Android), with additional tips on how to improove efficiency in settings to squeeze out as much as you can from your handheld, then let me know and I'll explain.
Hello, it maybe a bit late, but I'm quite interested in how you managed to get 1.5 operating on android. I myself have 1, 2, and Nevada working, though I could never manage 1.5, is it possible for you to make a tutorial on such a topic. I'd even be willing to pay for the direct files/configuration that you yourself use as an android version.

Hello, it maybe a bit late, but I'm quite interested in how you managed to get 1.5 operating on android. I myself have 1, 2, and Nevada working, though I could never manage 1.5, is it possible for you to make a tutorial on such a topic. I'd even be willing to pay for the direct files/configuration that you yourself use as an android version.

Man.. [sigh] unfortuneatly some things have changed since the post. Eltechs the producer of all ExaGear products has pulled their toys from internet and presumably went bankrupt. There is only a possibility to buy ExaGear RPG /Strategy if installed before the pullout day. The program I'm using is no longer available legally, and i have absolutely no idea where to get it (and install it properly) right now.
So one might say my tutorial would be obsolete or encouraging piracy.. [sigh] .. we don't allow that here on NMA. So sorry but i guess you're "outta" luck. If you want to discuss it, we may do it only via PM, but still, I can only give you tips what settings to set, so don't count on me handing You any pirated stuff, cause I don't have any.

Man.. [sigh] unfortuneatly some things have changed since the post. Eltechs the producer of all ExaGear products has pulled their toys from internet and presumably went bankrupt. There is only a possibility to buy ExaGear RPG /Strategy if installed before the pullout day. The program I'm using is no longer available legally, and i have absolutely no idea where to get it (and install it properly) right now.
So one might say my tutorial would be obsolete or encouraging piracy.. [sigh] .. we don't allow that here on NMA. So sorry but i guess you're "outta" luck. If you want to discuss it, we may do it only via PM, but still, I can only give you tips what settings to set, so don't count on me handing You any pirated stuff, cause I don't have any.
What would be the best way for private messaging?

What would be the best way for private messaging?
by "PM", I actually ment the forum (this forum's) feature of private messaging..
though it did fail me a bit in the past, I think it is working mighty fine now. So why don't You give it a try...

P.S.
sorry for such a long delay.. Had some shit to take care of IRL..

Back