How advance is the wasteland universe what tech do they have?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 117102
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 117102

The wasteland universe is filled with interesting tech from energy weapons to AI'S. But there are many other examples such as the
2d7b00c867.png

so this is basically a list of all the tech in wasteland being it the cure for cancer to kill bots.

Do you want us to add the stuff you have already mentioned?
Also only the futuristic stuff or also the present day/80s stuff?

I think he wants us to make a list of all the technology that exists in the Wasteland 1/2 universe.
What type of computers, vehicles, weapons, robots, more miscellaneous technology stuff.

I allowed this thread as there doesn't seem to be much activity on the Wasteland forums any way.

I think he wants us to make a list of all the technology that exists in the Wasteland 1/2 universe.
What type of computers, vehicles, weapons, robots, more miscellaneous technology stuff.

I allowed this thread as there doesn't seem to be much activity on the Wasteland forums any way.
That would be correct, you see I was talking to my brother about the differences between the tech of fallout and wasteland then I noticed that the only resource for that was the wiki but we all know wiki's are not all that reliable. There is not much out their for wasteland besides the Inxile forums.

Screenshot_2018bbb.png
Screenshot_2018111 YouTube.png

They have some type of crystal wall that is impervious to multiple types of damage but can also be repaired by some type of reconstruction laser

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018bbb.png
    Screenshot_2018bbb.png
    504.4 KB · Views: 604
  • Screenshot_2018111 YouTube.png
    Screenshot_2018111 YouTube.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 594
they have a simulation pod capable of teaching someone how to pilot a helicopter as long as they hit the required reflexes needed to teach them.
Screenshot_spod.png
Screenshot clone.png
They have perfect cloning tech it does take a three days to create them the clones have all the same attributes and skill points as the original

Off topic; yeah the Wasteland wiki's were never properly completed.
I worked on one but I rather lost interest when Wasteland 2 didn't turn out as I had hoped it to be.

Well at least add to your list that there were satellites and space stations (at least one) in the Wasteland universe as well as satellite tracking stations.
Of course the Fallout universe has those as well.

There is also some kind of Matrix in which you will have to go through puzzles, then face the main antagonist several times. (before or after you've killed him in his real-life form)

Off topic; yeah the Wasteland wiki's were never properly completed.
I worked on one but I rather lost interest when Wasteland 2 didn't turn out as I had hoped it to be.

Well at least add to your list that there were satellites and space stations (at least one) in the Wasteland universe as well as satellite tracking stations.
Of course the Fallout universe has those as well.
That would be this correct?
25sec to 48sec

Yep Citadel Station, or was it Citadel Starstation? It caused the tensions between the US and the Soviet Union as the Soviets thought it would be a orbital missile platform.

And like Naossano mentioned; the mind uplink station and the matrix like environment one goes into when one enters Finster's mind.

Hmm, seems Fallout 4 nicked that idea.

You can also make pretty healthy clones of your team mates.

Although, it is a bit unclear in Wasteland 1 if some technologies were made pre-war in secret or even post-war. The most advanced stuff comes from three highly advanced location (Cochise Base, the place where Finster is, the Guardian citadel) that are both isolated and still operationnal at that time. The robots that you find anywhere else come from Cochise. So ultimately, it is unclear if the average Joe was aware of those things existing, before the robots came to attack the cities.

Maybe WL2 dwelves more into it. I still have to finish it.

You can find surveillance report in W2 Ranger Citadel where one patrol tried to explain robots in W1 sewers and that's it.

Which reminds me that there's nuclear fusion technology handled and miniaturized enough to power up Max the android by fusion cell in first Wasteland, basically the same as microfusion cells in Fallout.

Was there any tech that allowed you to put your mind into a computer?
What was the difference between the synths and robots was it just higher capacity for thinking?

I am not sure they even have sentient IA. They have extremely intelligent computer, but i don't recall for sure if those computer are self-aware and evolving on their own artificial intelligence.

Also, you have have half-human, half-robot creature, if i remember well. Finster is no longer as human as he used to be...

I am not sure they even have sentient IA. They have extremely intelligent computer, but i don't recall for sure if those computer are self-aware and evolving on their own artificial intelligence.

Also, you have have half-human, half-robot creature, if i remember well. Finster is no longer as human as he used to be...
Vax along with others may not be a true AI but Cochise and potentially Morning star show to be some level of true AI Vax may be a ALI while others may be AGI or ASI, true AI in wasteland seem to only be located in high end military bases and research centers while other machines simply following their code and not being able to change anything but we know Cochise was an AI but what level is unknown it could be an AGI or ASI but an ALI would not have been able to do the things that was able to do. I do lean on thought that Cochise was an ASI because it managed to survive so long and make plans long into the future along with the advance technology that it was able to create the only evidence against that would be that an ASI most likely would not have lost to a group of rangers

Back