How do I change the Fallout: Nevada mod resolution?

basstheratass

CEO of cock and ball torture
I can change it in the menu but my mouse cursor doesn't appear, I think there is something wrong with it. Help?

try opening f2_res.ini and there look for
; Set the Fullscreen resolution here.
SCR_WIDTH=640
SCR_HEIGHT=480

Though, this should work from the game menu itself, so I'll suggest figuring out what's wrong with your installation. Is is a fresh install? Did u follow installation steps?

Since you did everything the installation says to do, I guess only the developers\other modders can help you there.
BTW, did u use the NEVADAHD.exe, instead of FoN_1.00.exe? there's also a directdraw compatability something which might be related. Do u have directx9 files installed?

Since you did everything the installation says to do, I guess only the developers\other modders can help you there.
BTW, did u use the NEVADAHD.exe, instead of FoN_1.00.exe? there's also a directdraw compatability something which might be related. Do u have directx9 files installed?
directx9? If you have discord you should help me on there because you seem like you know what your talking about. I have no idea lmao

I actually don't really know what I'm talking about :) These are just the things I would check if I weren't given any better solutions by more knowledgeable people. I don't know what discord is, but I'll be happy to help if I can.

These suggestions are graphics related - since u said the cursor disappears. seems like a graphical compatability issue, I mean, that's my first thought. directx9 and other included batches of dlls and fixes might help.

EDIT: if you will open ddraw.ini you will find graphics options
[Graphics]
;Set to 0 for 8 bit fullscreen
;Set to 4 for dx9 fullscreen
;Set to 5 for dx9 windowed
;A dx9 mode is required for any graphics related script extender functions to work (i.e. fullscreen shaders)
;Modes 1, 2 and 3 are no longer supported
Mode=0

;If using a dx9 mode, this changes the resolution
;The graphics are simply stretched to fit the new window; this does _not_ let you see more of the map
;If set to 0, use fallout's native resolution
GraphicsWidth=0
GraphicsHeight=0
and so on..

As u can see, not having dx9 (directx9) may cause issues, and also u may have it, but its configured wrong.
Try downloading directx9, and make sure the mode is set to 0, as in my example, since it works fine for me. (though I am using 8 bit mode, as shown. Plus, I am using NevadaHD.exe, so I'm not even sure the mode is relevant)

Last edited:
Back