How does BOS story contradict the rest?

kriminal99

First time out of the vault
I really don't care if I get flamed or not, anger just means the person is afraid of something but...

I read through this whole thing about BOS and some of it mildly irritates me, such as changing the whole omnscient scientific feel from rpgs, and the fact that some (most likely) fat ignorant loudmouth jackass who thinks all video game players are pimple faced teenage virgins was placed in control of creating the game and put armourless girls running around with pistols to represent the brotherhood of steel... BUT

The story in tactics seemed to go along with the story of the first two games just fine... and the story from that seems to go with is posted on this site about the story of BOS...

From what I gathered, the brotherhood just had some people in it that were smarter than the rest and wanted to become more active in the wasteland, so like any self-respecting facist oligarchy that wants to portray a false sense of fairness the elders sent these decenters on a "suicide mission" to chase the remaining super mutants over the moutains in air blimps...

The blimps crashed, few survived but the ones that did basically had free reign to do whatever the heck they wanted to seperated from the old brotherhood by thousands of miles and a moutain range... So they recruit everyone they can get their hands on and run a military campaign to clean up the wasteland, and when they finally reconnect with the old brotherhood they find out they had wasted away to practically nothing just as the new idealogy predicted while the dissenters had built up and united the majority of the midwest... I thought it went along with the other stories nicely, resembling how the vault 13 dwellers ended up screwed over because they did not leave their vault and gain an awareness of the outside world.

Now is BOS the console game supposed to be the east or west BOS? Because if its east BOS I don't see the contradiction.

Okay, pretending Fallout Tactics is canon (which it's not), the division portrayed in BoS is the "western division," as the only actual Brotherhood of Steel member to make an appearance in the game is Rhombus (that's right, while the game's called Broterhood of Steel, it has little to nothing to do with 'em) -- and, well, the game takes place on the west coast.

So there.

Seriously, this game has nothing to do with Fallout aside from a few awkward and misused references. Trying to find solid connections between the two is a wasteful effort.

This has been gone over too many times already - read and bump one of the other 2 dozen threads if you want more info or discussion.

Unlocked. After browsing through the POS forum I realized that while this has been talked about to death, you would have to wade through hundreds of unrelated posts to find a discussion of it. Dipdipdip's last statement sums it up pretty completely, but if anyone wants to continue to discuss it feel free.

kriminal99

Damn, why do I have a feeling about this one; one that suggests "hopeless"?

Montez said:
Unlocked. After browsing through the POS forum I realized that while this has been talked about to death, you would have to wade through hundreds of unrelated posts to find a discussion of it. Dipdipdip's last statement sums it up pretty completely, but if anyone wants to continue to discuss it feel free.

You know, what sums up my feelings on this thread are:

"Do you HAVE to step into the bonfire to know you're going to get burnt?"

Apparently, some do, and then there's also there's the fact that even the developers knew they'd be called on it, so they put the "alternate timeline" bullshit into their FAQ page when another part of the site said that the game in no way contradicts the story of the Fallout universe. Then there's also the reviews and summaries done by those who have some sense of historical accuracy, although I do cringe at what the poor bastards put themselves through.

Of course, I would also do a Nelson laugh at anyone who seemed to enjoy buying half a game. Either that, or it's a miraculous feat for Team Chuck to split the game seamlessly, or someone couldn't tell how it was not quite something full.

I really don't care if I get flamed or not, anger just means the person is afraid of something but...

Flaming is also a good indication that you're polluting the gene pool. Please drink chlorine bleach until you die.

The story in tactics seemed to go along with the story of the first two games just fine... and the story from that seems to go with is posted on this site about the story of BOS...

New to this "reading" thing, are you? How the hell you managed to conceive of the above just boggles me. That is, unless you're a crack child. Then you have my sympathies and a kind request to leave this forum.

From what I gathered, the brotherhood just had some people in it that were smarter than the rest and wanted to become more active in the wasteland, so like any self-respecting facist oligarchy that wants to portray a false sense of fairness the elders sent these decenters on a "suicide mission" to chase the remaining super mutants over the moutains in air blimps...

You'd better not hit a reef there, Captain <s>Hazelwood</s> Clueless. We'd have a massively spreading puddle of cluelessness.

Think of the seals, man!

(Snip a lot.)

More clueless rambling.

Now is BOS the console game supposed to be the east or west BOS?

If you can't tell that by now, then you're in trouble.

Because if its east BOS I don't see the contradiction.

For that bit o' cluelessness, I don't see any reason for you to remain on the forum. You can't bother to do background reasearch before you post flamebait.

Let's see if Captain Clueless now the metaphorical cojones to give a reason why.

Open thine eyes said the lord and you will seeith. No I am not a christian but I am confused as hell.

If you didn't notice the bawls bottles, mini-nukes, working monorails, killing off harold, boobies and guns, and the myriad of other crap in bos, informing you here would be pointless.

I alost punched a guy at a game store who swore that FO:POS was a great game. If it were not for me being in uniform and one of my buddies being there to stop me it would have gone badly for that poopr bastard..

i have unfortuneately have had the displeasure of playing about half of the game... i stopped because i couldnt stand it anymore.

FO:POS sucks....... even by console standards.

Elissar said:
I alost punched a guy at a game store who swore that FO:POS was a great game. If it were not for me being in uniform and one of my buddies being there to stop me it would have gone badly for that poopr bastard..

i have unfortuneately have had the displeasure of playing about half of the game... i stopped because i couldnt stand it anymore.

FO:POS sucks....... even by console standards.

Good man.

Buttplug99

I really don't care if I get flamed or not, anger just means the person is afraid of something

Ha! Ha! Ha!What cracker box did you get that amazing insight from you little butt plug?

Your obvious attachment to console-games doesn't make anyone angry kriminal99, no it simply bores the hell out of -gamers- that expect more than mindless repetitive action. To put it in a way that you can understand those that enjoy RPG's are people that might find reading a book with an intricate plot an enjoyable experience, while console gamers tend to be challenged beyond their abilities by attempting to read the advertisements on the back of a box of Fruit Loops.

Rail on jerk

M1A1

Re: Buttplug99

M1A1 said:
I really don't care if I get flamed or not, anger just means the person is afraid of something

Ha! Ha! Ha!What cracker box did you get that amazing insight from you little butt plug?

Your obvious attachment to console-games doesn't make anyone angry kriminal99, no it simply bores the hell out of -gamers- that expect more than mindless repetitive action. To put it in a way that you can understand those that enjoy RPG's are people that might find reading a book with an intricate plot an enjoyable experience, while console gamers tend to be challenged beyond their abilities by attempting to read the advertisements on the back of a box of Fruit Loops.

Rail on jerk

M1A1

Good stuff man, very good stuff. :rofl:

Back