I'd love to see more Automatron mods

Dare

First time out of the vault
Being completely and totally inexperienced in modding, I can only hope and dream to see more mods in the coming months that deal with creating your robot companions. There are two main ideas that I would love to have in my game: 1) the addition of robot characters that everyone loves from their favorite sci-fi franchises and 2) the ability to display a different part than is technically equipped.

In reference to the first idea, I think it'd be good (non-canon friendly) fun to be able to scrap together my own trashy C-3PO/Robo-cop villain bot. Or maybe an Iron Giant looking thing with Bender arms. Even a Bastion from Overwatch! The possibilities would be even more endless than they are now! Granted, you can probably try real hard and get close with what is already available, but I do think there is room for this kind of addition.

As for the second idea, I'm mostly referring to the weapons/arms of the robot. At a certain point, you're going to end up putting the best arms on them regardless of their aesthetic appeal. I wouldn't mind if the modder chose to make it very expensive to add aesthetic only mods to your Automatron. This one, I'd imagine, would be much more difficult to do.

I've heard that FO4 has consistently been a more frustrating game to mod for, and I don't think that most modders want to restrict their content to a particular DLC, but I really do think that there is so much potential here. Already there have been a few awesome mods related specifically to this DLC, like the Weapons Systems Overhaul, the Better Automatron Weapons, and the Automatron Eyebot Companions. I am just excited to see more!

I decided to look around with more dedication than I had initially and I think I found what I was looking for: Concealed Armors Automatron

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, the crafting mechanic is probably the only thing I liked about Fallout 4. For weapons and robots alike. It's quite clear that this feature can open many doors for the modders. Considering that Liberty Prime's animations are within the vanilla game, I see "Iron Giant crafting mods" as very plausible, with a good modder.
It bothers me that we are given zero explanation about why the protagonist suddenly turns into Nicolas Tesla when the need arises, but well, that's not the point.

You may wanna contact Mindboggles. He/she is the one who made mods which implement R2-D2, C3PO and that robot from borderlands into New Vegas (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/m...vegas/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=60497&gid=130), and he/she has been an active modder on Skyrim as well. Quite an underrated modder, but very talented, and he/she made tutorial for modding your own robots in NV, so... Surely, he/she has heard about Automatron, and considering his/her past contributions, he/she probably already considered the idea of modding it. Could probably tell you more about it, and if this idea is actually possible.

Back