Fallout 2 utility (idea)A walkthrough or waypoint mod for Fallout 2?

Graylandertagger

First time out of the vault
Sorry to pitch am idea, but i've been thinking of going back to playing Fallout of Nevada, Fallout Resurrection, and Fallout Last Hope seeing how i've never finished them since I sometimes got stuck on some quests. However while I managed to find a walkthrough for Fallout Resurrection on the steam forums the same hasn't been the case for the other two. I seriously want to play through Fallout of Nevada again, but with a possible walkthrough(I plan on playing Resurrection next since I have a walkthrough below). That in mind I was hoping if anyone knows where I could find a walkthrough for the other two games. I also was thinking that a waypoint mod(similar to the waypoint finder that first appeared in Fallout 3) would be an interesting idea that would be useful for the moding community, but a walkthrough should be enough. Any advice? Thanks

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821647199

What do you mean by a waypoint mod ?

About Last Hope, you should check this thread.
Some questions already have been answered there, and some bugs already have been adressed.
Beside, Forgotten Knight is still moderately active and can answer questions if you lucky enough to catch him.

I really wish to write down a guide for Last Hope because the game can be quite confusing and doesn'T appear to be that big early on, while it is both one of the biggest and one of the less known mods for Fallout 2. But, sadly, my schedule for 2019-2020 is way too full for that. Will hopefully get there in 2021.

What do you mean by a waypoint mod ?

About Last Hope, you should check this thread.
Some questions already have been answered there, and some bugs already have been adressed.
Beside, Forgotten Knight is still moderately active and can answer questions if you lucky enough to catch him.

I really wish to write down a guide for Last Hope because the game can be quite confusing and doesn'T appear to be that big early on, while it is both one of the biggest and one of the less known mods for Fallout 2. But, sadly, my schedule for 2019-2020 is way too full for that. Will hopefully get there in 2021.
As far as a waypoint mod, I was referring to a quest marker that shows where the player is supposed to go which can be set for quests. It was first used in Fallout 3 and later installments from there on.

And please, use latest translation of Nevada. Tired of hearing about gibberish in it, everything is fixed by now.

And please, use latest translation of Nevada. Tired of hearing about gibberish in it, everything is fixed by now.

@Keyboard_Gecko
By mentioning lots of gibberish i meant the walkthrough wiki: https://falloutnevada.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_Mod_Nevada_Walkthrough_Wiki *not* the Fallout of Nevada itself.

As for the most recent English text fixes for Fallout of Nevada, then I'm in the process of trying it out. So far I'm impressed.

The only thing that still bugs me is requiremets for the Ammoer/new Ammo Maker perk. It looks like somebody implementing it just slaped it over the removed Magnetic Personality perk, namely it still has CHA<10 requiremet. When CHA=10 one cannot get Ammo Maker / Ammoer. Magnetic Personality had similar requiremets since it gave +1 to party slot *if* CHA was less than 10, but there are no full-time party members in Nevada so Magnetic Personality got removed. Hence why I think Ammo Maker/ Ammoer was slaped over Magnetic Personality, and requiremets were left mostly the same ( namely CHA <10).

EDIT:
Oh yeah..
Can latest translation be adapted to Crazy Edition? @Foxx
sorry for the offtop.

I don't think that the quest marker thing would work well with the orginal.
Could possibly be a nightmare to implement within the code, and wouldn't fit with the design of many quests.
Think of how pointless the quest for the GECK or the Water chip would be if it had a quest marker.

On the other hand, i wish there was a way to implement the clue system the developers wanted to add in the pib-boy for the first game.
Many rpg keep notes of the clues that were given by npc or things that were discovered by your characters without breaking the design of the quests. I was frustrated a couple of times doing quests for a specific total conversion, because i had no idea that my character actually found what it was looking for, but the game failed to convey that information to me, the player.

A journal system is easy to make. It will just require a lot new text that nobody is going to write (and need at this point).

The lot of text could possibly be written within a very long day (close to the summer solstice) imo.
Implementing the whole system, connect the segments with the various variables, create variables when they aren't there, and test the whole thing would take much much longer.

About the need, it doesn't seem high for the base game, considering that there are tons of walkthrough around. But for some total conversions or expansions, a better reminder of what your character know or have seen could do wonder. In any case, i don't anyone would make that kind of mod. There are much more useful or exciting stuff to do and it already takes its fair share of time to be made.

@Keyboard_Gecko
By mentioning lots of gibberish i meant the walkthrough wiki: https://falloutnevada.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_Mod_Nevada_Walkthrough_Wiki *not* the Fallout of Nevada itself.

As for the most recent English text fixes for Fallout of Nevada, then I'm in the process of trying it out. So far I'm impressed.

The only thing that still bugs me is requiremets for the Ammoer/new Ammo Maker perk. It looks like somebody implementing it just slaped it over the removed Magnetic Personality perk, namely it still has CHA<10 requiremet. When CHA=10 one cannot get Ammo Maker / Ammoer. Magnetic Personality had similar requiremets since it gave +1 to party slot *if* CHA was less than 10, but there are no full-time party members in Nevada so Magnetic Personality got removed. Hence why I think Ammo Maker/ Ammoer was slaped over Magnetic Personality, and requiremets were left mostly the same ( namely CHA <10).

EDIT:
Oh yeah..
Can latest translation be adapted to Crazy Edition? @Foxx
sorry for the offtop.
Hi. I found the walkthrough to be quite useful considering it helped me finish the game a few months ago, however I used the link in hopes of recommending the mod to a friend, but while the download links work, the walkthrough link is gone. even the Wayback machine won't bring it up.

Hi. I found the walkthrough to be quite useful considering it helped me finish the game a few months ago, however I used the link in hopes of recommending the mod to a friend, but while the download links work, the walkthrough link is gone. even the Wayback machine won't bring it up.

found some
try this:
https://fnevada.bgforge.net/Fallout:_Nevada

haven't read this one in it in a while. last time I've checked it, it wasn't as precise as the polish .pdf one, but the thing is if You're not a Pole You'll have very hard time of understanding the what's in the Polish one. So stick to the wiki I guess...

found some
try this:
https://fnevada.bgforge.net/Fallout:_Nevada

haven't read this one in it in a while. last time I've checked it, it wasn't as precise as the polish .pdf one, but the thing is if You're not a Pole You'll have very hard time of understanding the what's in the Polish one. So stick to the wiki I guess...
Thanks. Had to use the Wayback Machine, but it helps. Such a great mod. Can't wait for Fallout Sonora.
https://web.archive.org/web/20200919154357/https://fnevada.bgforge.net/Fallout:_Nevada

As far as a waypoint mod, I was referring to a quest marker that shows where the player is supposed to go which can be set for quests. It was first used in Fallout 3 and later installments from there on.
The waypoint marker used in Fallout 3 is specific to Bethesda's Creation engine, and would be difficult and kind of silly to implement in a Fallout 2 mod.

Fallout and Fallout 2 both have a built-in quest tracking system in the pip-boy under the Status button.
All modders have to do is write good descriptions of where you're supposed to go and what you're supposed to do when you get there.
Everything else would be learning how to read a map.

I will admit many modders tend to ignore this entry page though :(

Back