Ironically, DLC would have been cool

2bak

First time out of the vault
Guess that's not going to happen, even though I don't really get why InXile feels so strongly about DLC? But some new quests and locations could've been cool imo.

One of the reasons i dislike dlc is because of how weird they are implemented into the gameworld. Like no by all means put the main quest on hold and go on a little sideadventure. We'll still be here patiently waiting for your return.

Another issue i have with it is that it is just so damn pointless. If i love a game and i want more of it then i dont want to go to some little isolated bubble away from the main game; i want the main game itself to be expanded upon.

The Restoration Project for FO2 is probably the best example of how a dlc should work like; flesh put the actual game.

If it isnt like that then there are very few exceptions for me and id rather InXile put all their cards into a full fledged game than a shitty add-on.

I dont find it to be a rehash of the plot so to me the story isnt halfassed and the humour was fine. It's not meant to be a comedy game so if a joke fell flat then it didnt bother me.

One thing i think is halfassed is the radiation wall around Hollywood.

Whoa! Wait a minute. Wasteland 2 isn't a comedy? But then why have i been laughing at it the whole time? No but seriously there are toooooo many humour filled texts from clicking on random objects to talking to npcs to not consider this a comedy. I was more surprised during the few times this game tried to be dead serious. And it is a rehash. Though for me it felt like a rehash of fallout tactics. Even has the random rape jokes thrown in right after a rape scenario that they wanted you to take seriously. Is there a word for that? When a story has something actually tragic happen then suddenly shoots right back to comedy full force? I call it poor writing. Still thus far i have mostly enjoyed this game.
it's mostly just the glitches and random lags and the unforgiving brick wall difficulty curves that irk me.

One of the reasons i dislike dlc is because of how weird they are implemented into the gameworld. Like no by all means put the main quest on hold and go on a little sideadventure. We'll still be here patiently waiting for your return.

Another issue i have with it is that it is just so damn pointless. If i love a game and i want more of it then i dont want to go to some little isolated bubble away from the main game; i want the main game itself to be expanded upon.

The Restoration Project for FO2 is probably the best example of how a dlc should work like; flesh put the actual game.

If it isnt like that then there are very few exceptions for me and id rather InXile put all their cards into a full fledged game than a shitty add-on.

I agree with this.

New Vegas connected all plot points of the DLC in the Base game, which made it seem far more likley that the Courier would encounter them
(burned man/Joshua, Elijah, Ulysses and the locations etc)

Witcher 3, expanded after the Main quest of Witcher 3 was over, which i also loved.

I agree that Wasteland 2 would benefit from more content. An expansion in similar vein as Tales of the Sword Coast to BG1 would be cool. Just add a few locations and quests.

They could at least have thrown in all the ideas that got removed from the original concept such as the Gippers and La Brea Tar Pits and Dugan's Robot factory (even if Dugan himself can only be faced at the New Citadel.
Actually I would even like to have seen that last more properly expanded instead of just being an outside court and a cellar. Add a fricking inner temple, quarters and dinner room for members, machine shops, a computer center and such stuff.

I was rather disappointed about a lot of Wasteland 2.

They could at least have thrown in all the ideas that got removed from the original concept such as the Gippers and La Brea Tar Pits and Dugan's Robot factory (even if Dugan himself can only be faced at the New Citadel.
Actually I would even like to have seen that last more properly expanded instead of just being an outside court and a cellar. Add a fricking inner temple, quarters and dinner room for members, machine shops, a computer center and such stuff.

I was rather disappointed about a lot of Wasteland 2.

These locations would have been appreciated.

I also wonder if inXile could have remade WL1 with their WL2 engine. They have all the rights for it now, right? It is for sale from them on Steam. They have the base for most of the locations / character models in WL2.

I know some people want to only play the original not the remake, but for me I would like to play through a remake. I tried the original before, but the primitive graphics (not the WL 1 portraits which I actually prefer over generic looking WL2 portraits, but the world / location graphics), lack of tactics-type combat, and difficulty in figuring out what to do got me to give up shortly after starting. But I would love to play it remade into the WL1 engine - even if it was a shorter game.

What do you guys think? Would it make business sense for inXile to remake it? Is there anything preventing them from remaking it? Would you buy the remake?

Yea, a remake would be really nice to have and would obviously be an instabuy^^
If you are really not going to play the original yourself, I really recommend watching this Playthrough:

Back