Is Caesar's Legion more like Sparta than the 10th Legion?

Which is Caesar's Legion more like?

• Legio X Equestris

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sparta

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

NMLevesque

Commie Ghost
Legio X Equestris, aka the 10th Legion is apparently what Edward Sallow based his cult on, but aren't there more parallels to Sparta? For a start Sparta is a nation, not just an army. It basically has Sparta's breeding program, as well as a somewhat similar social structure (military upperclass, non-citizen middle class in territory, and a slave population as the base). I would say that Sparta was considerably more religious in nature than the 10th Legion.

However, unlike Sparta, women are treated like cattle...and as far as I know pedophilia isn't a part of their training process. Not sure how to really assess that difference. Don't particularly want to think about it. Either way, if not for such things the Legion would have been much more interesting, and harder to argue against frankly.

I'd say both, but yes women in Sparta I believe actually inherited of their husbands wealth and property if they died, thus they were better treated than their other Ancient Greek counterparts.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease I see. Posts that evoke thought get less replies than someone coming in just to be a pissant.

Back