• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No idea

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xxdemonxspawnnxx

First time out of the vault
I don't want to talk about retcons, but is it stated anywhere in FO2 that Myron is lying/ he copied a formula for jet?
20220527_195421.jpg
20220527_200846.jpg

Last edited:
These people will jump through any hoops to try to justify Bethesda’s retcon. The closest evidence to jet being pre-war in Fallout 2 is the fact that the protein extract fed to cattle caused the meat to have psychoactive effects similar to methamphetamine (or perhaps it was the protein extract itself that behaved like meth, I can’t quite remember). There is no evidence that the pre-war world decided to package this into an inhaler and market it to the public, and I can’t imagine why they would. To my knowledge, the only publicly available drugs were relatively safe pharmaceuticals Buffout and Mentats.

The Chosen One can imply that he suspects Myron didn’t actually invent Jet, but rather stumbled upon something that had already been invented. I’m sure he’s referring to old school meth, not Brahmin shit Jet. Also, Mrs. Bishop says she got hooked on Jet before Myron was born/old enough to read, but this is clearly an oversight by the developers. Avellone said as much.

Jet was not prewar in the series proper.

Bethesda’s bastardization turns everything inside out and upside down, so it might be something now and something else later, and nothing needs to make sense. So who cares.

Next retcon will be that the Brotherhood of Steel was already in the prototype stages before the war because the 'good' United States army plan to do a coup d'etat and overthrow the increasingly authoritarian government. They decided to name their resistance group the Brotherhood.

And the Enclave had millions of members and bases all over the United States.

Next retcon will be that the Brotherhood of Steel was already in the prototype stages before the war because the 'good' United States army plan to do a coup d'etat and overthrow the increasingly authoritarian government. They decided to name their resistance group the Brotherhood.

And the Enclave had millions of members and bases all over the United States.
And Vault-Tec started the war.

And Fallout is just the Elder Scrolls universe in the distant future (or past).

Jet was not prewar in the series proper.

Bethesda’s bastardization turns everything inside out and upside down, so it might be something now and something else later, and nothing needs to make sense. So who cares.
Everything they touch, they convert to crap.

sad_and_pathetic.jpg

Everything they touch, they convert to crap.
This part is great. West Tek kicks over a drum of FEV into the town reservoir a couple days before the bombs fall because fuck you we need super mutants in this game.

Last edited:
It can be a pre-war drug because there's no reason why Myron wouldn't be full of shit.

It can be a pre-war drug because there's no reason why Myron wouldn't be full of shit.

That’s…. Kinda sorta reasonable, but also reaching it pretty far.

Myron is an egomaniac so he likely wouldn’t lie about his achievement (the delivery of it makes him sound very proud and selfrighteous about it). If he had lied, which could be construed as posdible, I don’t think he would’ve as far with the description and I think the tone would’ve been different. As such, I do not believe it was meant to be interpretable.

Everybody of course takes it how ever they wish, but there is just something that in my mind contradicts Myron bullshitting.

Back