Is there any way to run Fallout 1 on Android using DOSbox

AtomicStriker

First time out of the vault
So, I've tried to get Fallout 1 running on my Android phone because I will not have an access to my PC for a while so I'd like to have it on my Android and it. My question is, where can I get Fallout 1 DOS instalation .exe? I know how to use emulators, and I have already have the steam version so it won't be stealing even if I have to torrent it. Steam version probably does not work and I am not really into paying on gog.com again for a game I already own. So if somebody would be so kind to give me the link to the FO 1 DOS version. Thanks in advance. :D

actually there are 2 ways to do that as fallout 1 runs natively both under DOS and under windows.
However android device is not a preffered device to run Fallout since device itself needs to bee pretty powerfull (at least quad core 1,4GHz 2GB RAM and a efficient High-end graphic chip) especially the graphic chip is not good enaugh in most mid range mobile devices.. not to mention You would require a paid app to run under dos properly (DosboxTurbo if i remember correctly). Additonally if You'll try to run Fallout in dosbox in DOS mode bee prepared to forget about resolution patch and sfall as theese will not work under dos same goes for native mac support.
So if You plan to run it with Sduibek's FIXT for Fallout 1 bee prepared to face some issues. If i remember right most recent modded dos exe can be found in FIXT installer just scroll and tick the chceck box in additional "cool stuff" section of the installer where you can find: the demo; pdf manual; the screensaver and DOS FALLOUT.EXE 1.2 EU with noChild-fix besides other stuff.
Besides even playing on a 7" tablet is a serious hassle and pixel hunting for picking stuff from the ground and or right clicking at all android does not work well for that..
What I personally did was to have fallout on a mobile device and on the go was to "caugh up some dough" and instead of buying that dosbox turbo invest in a x86 tablet. they come with intel atom processors and 1-2GB ram, internal memory as well as microsd support and otg support with full blown windows 8.1/ windows 10. via otg cable you can even plug in a mouse or keyboard (or via usb hub both). since it operates on a full blown 32bit windows not some ARM crap you can easily run fallout on it without much hassle. even games from like 2005 run quite smooth on low details. Price range is from 100$ to what a regular laptop costs dependong on quality of the internal components.i bought mine for an equivalent of 190$ but i've got high-end device and it also was a good bargin due to it beeing end of line product. Just be sure it's a chineese brand and not something major like asus, hp or the like.
forget about running it on android it's like trying to convert a rusty bicycle to a BMW.. it's not going to work right

Okay, thanks for the information. :D I will try to run those DOS executables. I already have DOSbox Turbo and an x86 Intel Atom based device with 2 gigs of ram, but I do not have constant access to it, so I want to have em on my phone. It is powerful enough cuz It can run GTA: SA on max settings smoothly and I've already ran the first Civilization with no problems. But yeah, I will report back here after I do some tinkering.

Sorry for the late reply.
Youtube video covering fallout 1 dos install for android:

Alternatively, you can try running fallout1 with exagear rpg, which doesn't require dos. Although it does require you pay for the controls after a trial period. For about $8

I doubt it will work perfectly. I installed win98 on idos (ipad mini2) but the performance is very poor, I can only play the small games like mine-sweeper.

i totally recommend trying out ExaGear RPG for the purpose of running clean (unmodded) Fallout rather than running it under any kind of dosbox as dosbox is a full PC emulation ( not to mention a very weak pc) on the other side ExaGer is a arm<=>x86 on the go converter and it only emulates windows libraries so it's waaay faster than dosbox. However You may require a quad core device with a decent GPU ( wich is preety much a low-end standard theese days).

So am I right to understand that I can forget about running F1 on my Galaxy tab A, as it either won't run or will lag like hell?

So am I right to understand that I can forget about running F1 on my Galaxy tab A, as it either won't run or will lag like hell?
Looks fine in the video above.
Do you meet the system requirements posted in this thread and/or the ones from the video? Then you can probably run it. Otherwise no.

Back