Is there areas untouched by the Great War?

Bloodway

First time out of the vault
I wonder if there's areas in the Fallout universe that are potentially untouched and never bombed during the Great War?

Like for example, what about places in South America, Mexico, Africa, Islands, and even potentially Australia and New Zealand?

Since it would be logical that the Great War only affected the Northern Hemisphere which got hit the most while there had to be parts of the world where not one bomb dropped on especially I could imagine Australia and New Zealand being the closest surviving countries that still retain their Pre-War society intact but isolated though and most likely their economy collapsed because world capitalism doesn't exist anymore.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Nuka World did OK. I mean sure everyone was turned into a zombie but it beats getting turned into one of those ugly mutants from the early bad Fallouts.

Then there's that boring place where Fallout 3 starts.

I've only played the good Fallouts so there might be more.

Not necessarily iirc. The USA launched an operation to annex Mexico but the final result is unknown.
Just looked that up. Your right.

However, given that they were supplying Denver with food due to shortages in the Van Buren timeline, I'm guessing they were probably not entirely free.

Although, it definetely wasn't untouched by the Great War, as Raul mentions that Mexico City was hit by Nuclear Warheads.

Well i guess we have most of the Mediterranean, but Europe suffered a big economic and social crisis so it was post-apoc already

Wouldn't the resulting nuclear fallout affect the whole world? I don't think anywhere would be completely untouched. Predictions show carbon from nuclear fires blacking out the skies for years as well as a decrease in global temperatures resulting in crop failures. Those places not hit would still be ravaged by the direct and indirect effects of global nuclear fallout.

Almost all Europe, Asia, North America, Northen Africa, Australasia and Melanesia. Most if not almost all South America, probably Central America and Southern Africa, maybe Nigeria. What would be left would be maybe Central Africa, Congo and Eastern Africa and probably most of Mricronesia and Polynesia

I'd imagine south America would be relatively untouched. Perhaps Madagascar. Idfk. We aren't supposed to worry about areas outside the core region tbh. They're all horrible written and seem to take place in an alternate timeline anyway.

Back