Is this bug or feature?

Sergeek

First time out of the vault
I'm in the middle of Fallout Tactics playthrough and it was full of bugs, through and through, but recently I noticed something completely bizarre.
My protagonist is at level 15. If I recall correctly, he took it at 140k experience threshold. Now he needs 1700k of experience to advance to level 16! 1,700,000 points! I can't rely on fandom wiki since its info is based on 1.26 patch, and GoG version comes with 1.27 preinstalled, and some stuff already doesn't match.
Surely this is a bug, right? How can I work around it? I just finished Newton, I'm almost at the end, don't want to start over.

Edit: THIS IS INSANE! THE GAME IS TROLLING ME!
After starting this thread, I reached Bunker Delta to get myself next mission. At that bunker, my protagonist's experience counter became "0m". I restarted the game and now experience caps are back to normal for some reason! I went straight to level 18, but without any star increases. It also happened retroactively to every previous save since Great Bend! WHAT THE HELL?!

Last edited:
Don't know because I never played it much. My only Fallout experience is with Fallout 2 which I played first back in the early 2000's. I bought the old dual pack off an eBay seller in the mid 2000's and played Fallout 1 till near completion. I spent a few hours playing Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I believe I got Fallout Tactics off a torrent site in the late 2000's and tried playing some of it but I didn't care for it. I did buy it a few years ago on Steam during a sale for a little over $3 because I had a Visa gift card in my desk drawer that had about $4 on it. But I haven't played it. I might install it and give it a try later on.

But no, I have no idea.

Don't know because I never played it much. My only Fallout experience is with Fallout 2 which I played first back in the early 2000's. I bought the old dual pack off an eBay seller in the mid 2000's and played Fallout 1 till near completion. I spent a few hours playing Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. I believe I got Fallout Tactics off a torrent site in the late 2000's and tried playing some of it but I didn't care for it. I did buy it a few years ago on Steam during a sale for a little over $3 because I had a Visa gift card in my desk drawer that had about $4 on it. But I haven't played it. I might install it and give it a try later on.

But no, I have no idea.

Aren't you the same CuzinEd from gameruprising?

Back