I've finally actually seen someone play this game. It's amazing how little this feels like Fallout.

Mirin Lurker

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I know I'm beating a dead horse and preaching to the choir, but I'm still shocked at how generic this game looks and feels.

My gf's little brother was over playing this and I literally didn't even clock it as a Fallout until there was a little Vault boy pop up on screen. It looks like basically any zombie apocalypse survival game. I really though there would be way more branding and "iconic" fallout stuff. It also just looked really boring and unfun. I don't just felt like sharing. This game sucks lol.

The game feels like one of those parody games you see in movies that are set in the near future and are used as an example as to why a game franchise that is currently very popular at the time of the movie's release has gone down the shitter in the future. Except in our reality it's an actual real game, made with no sense of irony.

I'll do one better, it feels like something the original games and New Vegas would come up as a criticism of how over-commercialized and souless the pre-war world had become before the bombs.

It looks pretty much the same as Fallout 4 to me, it just has some more verdant locales. It depends what part of the map you're on though, there are some more wasteland-like areas, swamp areas, etc.

What makes a fallout game. Its the quests. Having to balance the needs of multiple factions in the post post apocolypse.
Yeah screw that its about. *checks notes* the brother hood of steel and the brotherhood of steel alone.

I generally have a high tolerance for Bethesda games, but 76 and Starfield were just absolute stinkers to me. Like, I am unable to enjoy them as junk food games (I.E: Mechanically Shallow and Easy, but fun).

Back