lawbringer perk bug - every npc leaves a finger

Tiny Tim

Still Mildly Glowing
Hello . I've encountered this minor ( since i'm playing a good guy ) yet very annoying glitch : every single npc leaves a finger when killed . I googled it but didn't find anything . I'm not using any mods other than the unofficial patch , blues radio and a mod that reduces the feral ghoul reavers' hp so i don't believe it's caused by one of those . Can anyone think of a possible fix through console commands ( or any other solution for that matter ) ?

So this post is over 3 years old but I'll answer it in case it helps someone on the internet at some point.

The most likely cause of this bug would be that the Lawbringer perk has been modified or bugged. A much less likely possibility is that every NPC has been modified or bugged to have evil karma.

To resolve the issue, the game should be run without any mods running at all, even if you have 100% faith and trust in the mod. Disable them all.

Then if the bug is still there, the Lawbringer perk should be manually removed from the player character using a console command. To do this you'll need the correct command and the correct ID of the perk. Save the game, restart, and then manually add the perk back to the character.

I believe the reason the perk would have to be manually removed and re-added is that their effects persist even if the mod that added/modified them is disabled.

Wow it's been 3 years! Thanks friend. To add more info in case anyone's googling this, the unofficial patch for Fallout 3 causes a lot of issues with the game and actually goes beyond bugfixing in some cases ( unlike YUP for New Vegas the modders went all out with this one in a bad way ) so i wouldn't be surprised if that was what caused the bug in the first place.

Very true. I have never used the Fallout 3 unofficial patch because I never really ran into any game-breaking bugs, and the changes seemed to do a lot of unnecessary things.

Back