Lets do this (II)

Millim

Venerable Relic of the Wastes
Orderite
[REDACTED]
So I'm just seeing who would be up for having a practise session on Tuesday for the Fallout PnP?

And if we should use Discord, Skype or Google Hangout

I might try the next go around. I don't have a good mic setup. :(

No one else confirmed it to be honest.
Still, I would like to see it happen in some shape or form.

It sucks but if someone did the same thing over at Codex there would be like 15 dudes pop up. We need recruiters or something. :)

I don't really have time during the week for something like that, different time zone and work and all...

Before I say I'm interested, I have one demand:

No permadeath, not for any character I bring to the table. It's not fun for me. Other than that, I'd be willing to give it a try.

Before I say I'm interested, I have one demand:

No permadeath, not for any character I bring to the table. It's not fun for me. Other than that, I'd be willing to give it a try.

The while point of PnP RPGs is Permadeath.
Unless you are allowed to take it easy for a few sessions.

There's nothing at stake if you can't die. What's the point of playing an invincible person? Where's the fun?

Creating a life, bonding with the character, having fun. The protagonists in the Fallout games aren't subjected to permadeath. They die, you reload. Their victory is a foregone conclusion too. And what's wrong with that?

Creating a life, bonding with the character, having fun. The protagonists in the Fallout games aren't subjected to permadeath. They die, you reload. Their victory is a foregone conclusion too. And what's wrong with that?
The fact that you can't fail.

One of the differences between a game like Fallout and say DnD is the option to save.

The reason we tend to reload on death in say Fallout is because we can just as easily save the current state.

DnD is the real deal, you die in that, that's in for your character. It makes the game a lot more fun and adds tension that a game like Fallout can't.

The fact that you can't fail.

That's not wrong. That's amazing. It's good idea, and it lets me not have to play like a goddamn Munchkin

One of the differences between a game like Fallout and say DnD is the option to save.

The reason we tend to reload on death in say Fallout is because we can just as easily save the current state.

DnD is the real deal, you die in that, that's in for your character. It makes the game a lot more fun and adds tension that a game like Fallout can't.

You want to play like that? Fine. But don't make me play like that. It's not fun.

I wasn't forcing anyone.
I'm just saying, I do permadeath in PnP RPGs

I wasn't forcing anyone.
I'm just saying, I do permadeath in PnP RPGs

If you don't make an exception for me, here's what you're losing: I'm a serious, studious roleplayer and will be happy to produce a literary quality, realistic, nuanced character who is not a sociopath, Leeroy Jenkin, Loot Ninja. I will not seek to drive your story off the rails, and am happy to coordinate with the GM and the rest of the players on making the best story possible. All I ask is no shitbag PCs and immunity from permadeath.

I would love to join in this, but I have limitations that prevent me from doing it.
One is that I could only comunicate by writing (typing) and usually playing P&P over internet/tabletop simulator/etc works much better with speech, other is my time zone is not accessible to most people and third I have problems understand the english language when it is spoken with accents so it makes it hard for me to understand what's going on (I even have to watch english movies with english subtitles).
Because all of these I can never join stuff like this. :(

If you don't make an exception for me, here's what you're losing: I'm a serious, studious roleplayer and will be happy to produce a literary quality, realistic, nuanced character who is not a sociopath, Leeroy Jenkin, Loot Ninja. I will not seek to drive your story off the rails, and am happy to coordinate with the GM and the rest of the players on making the best story possible. All I ask is no shitbag PCs and immunity from permadeath.
Have you only ever played with That Guys before that you feel that these are unusual qualities that will convince a GM to drop one of the core tenets of a PnP?

Back