Light Armor vs Medium Armor vs Heavy Armor

DwayneGAnd

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
I know that Light Armor gives you bonuses with perks that affect only light armor such as Light Touch, Travel Light, and Tunnel Runner. The Toughness Perk is also more effective with light armor due to the small bonuses. It also weighs less than medium or heavy armor and doesn't slow you down. Also, the fact that it weighs less gives you the freedom to carry more equipment.

Medium and Heavy Armor all provide superior protection, but there are no perks that given them special bonuses as light armor gets.

Which is best? How do you decide what to use for your build?

To note, I play with a load of mods, so be forewarned.

I don't use light armour much at all, because I have changed the DT system to deal at minimum, 1 HP if DT is not beaten. (Like fallout 1-2)

Although larger guns, brushguns, hunting rifle headshots, crits, etc can smash through the DT and deal massive damage (No HP from levels).

I play with a fair bit of mods and I use light armor often. I've done heavy armor builds before, but none using power armor. I do get power armor training at some point either through the BoS quests or from Daisy Whitman during Arcade's quest, but I don't really use that stuff. If I use heavy armor, my go-to armor for such builds is usually the Armor of the 87th Tribe. I dabble in medium armor from time to time. It all ultimately depends on the kind of Courier I'm playing.

Back