Looking for a place to put degenerates on a cross? Nipton is still for sale!

Google Earth doesn't even list their name.
upload_2021-6-1_8-0-36.png

upload_2021-6-1_8-1-43.png

Sells for less than a bay area studio apartment.

When I passed through the place was a general store and that was literally it. It was a rest stop not a town.
Yeah, there are like 23 people living there.
Too bad it's a dseert, otherwise it'd have been a sweet place to start a cult commune.

View attachment 19514

They're within striking distance of Helios One (top right).

Yep. These are two photos I got outside of Nipton.
Screenshot-20210601-132206.png

Screenshot-20210601-132056.png

Too bad it's a dseert, otherwise it'd have been a sweet place to start a cult commune.

I spoke with the guy who ran the general store, he asked where I was headed and what my business in Nevada was, told him I was visiting Vegas and then some spots from a video game I liked, he guessed Fallout. To which he said:

"Never played it myself but I hope we end up alright"

They were selling lottery tickets on the counter, too. Got a silent laugh to myself from that.

Last edited:

A desert seems like a perfect spot for a cult to me.

Selling an entire town feels like such an American West thing to happen.

A desert seems like a perfect spot for a cult to me.

Selling an entire town feels like such an American West thing to happen.
A good cult should be self-sufficient, though. It's kinda hard to grow stuff there I guess.

Can NMAers come together and buy it through crowdfunding? I don't know why, but could it be done? How many active users do we have atm?

Can NMAers come together and buy it through crowdfunding? I don't know why, but could it be done? How many active users do we have atm?

Could serve as the location for the Burned Man festival...
Maybe throw in a yearly reenactment of the town's destruction

Back