Luck 10

henshini

First time out of the vault
Anybody know if there will be a benefit to having luck 10, like all the great random encounters in the previous games?

There was actually no benefit from having LK exactly at 10 in FO1 or 2... the higher the better, but you could get the special encounters even with LK 6 or so anyway. So it'll be like 'don't fix it if it ain't broken', I guess.

I'm pretty sure the higher the luck, the better chance you had at finding a special encounter. So, for those not willing to scour the desert for them, a high luck made special encounters much more often.

And for those willing to kick and punch more efficiently, a high ST made their Melee Damage better, but it's no reason to assume that a ST of 10 exclusively allowed you to strike an uber-blow once in a while. Similarly, a LK of 10 in itself did nothing special except for improving your chances of finding special encouters even better than LK 9. That's basically what I said in my previous post, only explained more broadly.

Not quite true. Having a Luck of 10 AND the Jinxed Perk made you a ninja hand to hand fighting machine! You'd get in there - miss occasionally but usually be able to nut the other guy's face in whilst his weapon asploded in his hands ...

Back