Mad Nation Season 2 Kickstarter launched

Sander

This ghoul has seen it all
Staff member
Admin
Orderite
Kickstarter is becoming a pretty big deal, it seems. Now the people behind Mad Nation are using it to launch the second series of their post-apocalyptic web series.

Mad Nation creator Ethan Taranto-Kent is a long-time NMA member under the moniker InTheOnlineAsbestosSuit. He's regularly posted his videos on the forums and has done a DVD giveaway in the past for NMA members. He's told us that he is likely to do that for Season 2 as well.

<center><iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/290975840/mad-nation-season-2/widget/video.html" frameborder="0"> </iframe></center>

If you want to support Mad Nation to get to their $5,000 goal, the Kickstarter page is here.

I think its cool what they do, I mean really.

But somehow ... I just cant see my self watching those movies. I guess I am to spoiled by block buster movies and all that.

I can understand that: web shows aren't for everybody. Hell even I prefer an hour TV show or a full length feature over watching shorts on my computer. We do it in the format that we do out of necessity: it will be a long time before we have the money to do a full length studio TV show or feature film. Someday I hope that we can use what we've build so far to pitch the show to a major TV network and hopefully get picked up on Cable TV, but that's a long way off and obviously a best case scenario.

I will say that the nature of our narrative lends itself well to the short-episodic format though; we try to keep it very slice of life, and so the episodes tend to flow into each other. And I think the web series format has a lot of potential in the future, given the increasing use of smart phones and tablets for watching youtube videos and the like, and for what it's worth a ten minute episode is just long enough to keep a viewer entertained on the subway or while waiting in line somewhere.

yeah, the entertainment industry is a very hard and harsh business. It always ways. The grave yard is full of dead but potentially awesome shows. Anyway! Thx for your answer. I wish you the best luck with your project.

I can't seem to find more than a handful of episodes on youtube. Am I going blind or have they been moved somewhere else?

Here's a link to the newest episode:

https://vimeo.com/70527827

We took a lot of stuff off YouTube because we don't like a lot of their policies. Primarily that they mistakenly labeled half our stuff as containing 3rd party content, which is untrue and happened as a result of their faulty Content-ID system. We're gradually transitioning to Vimeo as we make new stuff.

InTheOnlineAsbestosSuit said:
they mistakenly labeled half our stuff as containing 3rd party content, which is untrue and happened as a result of their faulty Content-ID system.
Aw, that sucks! I had suspected that automating take-downs would cause a lot of headaches for content contributors, but I haven't heard much about it, so I figured that their system was pretty good. Seems I figured wrong.

Thanks for the link. I like what I have seen so far, so I've backed it. Best of luck!

Glad you like the show! Thanks a million for the support!

And if you're curious about the content ID problems, you should check out this page, they explain it rather well:

http://fairusetube.org/youtube-copyfraud

It looks like things have gotten a bit better since I started pulling our videos off Youtube; back then, when Youtube wrongfully accused me of using 3rd party content, I had the option to appeal, but the appeal process lead to a dead end that went nowhere and my videos would still be blocked or marked with a 3rd party content message.

Just wanted to say congratulations on a successful Kickstarter!

Back