Miscellaneous news

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
A bit of of various news about various topics.
First some Fallout:
Fallout 4 is about to get PS4 Pro support, and there's a high res texture pack for PC incoming.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...and-pc-high-resolution-texture-pack-next-week
camsjg7ms4jixjjrdyov.jpg
The pack is 58 GB (!) large and requires quite a beefy PC, here are the recommended specs:
  • Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Intel Core i7-5820K or better
  • GTX 1080 8GB/AMD Radeon RX 490 8GB
  • 8GB+ Ram
That's quite something. Let's wait for the modders (who have been handing out 4K texture packs right from the start) to optimize that load...

Thanks to @0wing, here's some more interesting news about Fallout:
Feargus Urquhart reveals that there was a Fallout 3 before Van Buren. It was also supposed to be 3D, and its development led to Icewind Dale. Funny anecdote: Apparently, the NDL engine used for that was later bought by Gamebryo, which we all know was used in Fallout 3...

Next is some tidbits about Deus Ex and Obsidian, because apparently the Deus Ex sequel was originally planned to be developed by Obsidian.
That's certainly interesting.

And speaking of Deus Ex developers, Eidos is said to be working on a Guardians of the Galaxy game, while the future of Deus Ex is in limbo.

Last edited:
Aw man, I was holding off on posting that on the front page until tomorrow when the full interview comes out, now 0wing gets all the credit...

Sorry bruh, but you can post the full interview tomorrow then ^^

Aw man, I was holding off on posting that on the front page until tomorrow when the full interview comes out, now 0wing gets all the credit...
Now that you mention it... Is there even a small chance for NMA Interview with Feargus?

Sorry bruh, but you can post the full interview tomorrow then ^^
Meh, you do it.
Now that you mention it... Is there even a small chance for NMA Interview with Feargus?
I dunno. There's probably a chance. Don't think anyone has asked him in a while. BN usually did the interviewing since he was the most experienced with that, but he's off working for inxile now.
Not sure what to ask him that hasn't been answered elsewhere already though.

I might have some questions for him.

*takes to black-site to interrogate*

48833.gif
WHERE'S VAN BUREN!?

Feargus-Urquhart.jpg

We have many other beloved...NOT THE FACE!

They haven't optimized the shadow/occlusion culling issues in downtown Boston, and they're releasing a 4k resolution texture pack? Sure, just fuck my shit up Bethesda.

Back