Mouse problem

Some time ago I started getting some weird mouse problems. When I hold the left button down and try to paint over some text, it 'releases' the pressing mid-painting while I still have the left button pressed. Now it also double clicks randomly when I only single click. I have two mouses and both seem to have similar problem.

The mouses aren't new anymore so it's possible that it's a dust or wearing problem. I cleaned the other mouse already by opening it up and clearing the dust inside, couldn't see any wear and tear but with the new mouses the components are so small that it's difficult to visually see any damage.

I also have Win 10 so I'm also thinking that it might be a problem. I guess there is no way of knowing if the problem lies with the mouses (mice) or with Win 10?

I've tried fiddling with the mouse settings, hasn't really helped. I guess only solution might be new mouse?

Last edited:
Yeah, your mouse is definitely broken. Buy a new one.

Yea, I might do that. Don't even have a proper gaming mouse so now might be a good time to invest in one. However, ever since upgrading to Win 10 I've had some weird software problems, so I'm seeing if that's the problem instead.

Like what? Unintended doubleclicks are most likely a hardware problem, though. I've had that with an old mouse.

Well, if you want to know, I used to use the net through my smart phone. Just connect it with a USB-line. At one point, after a Win 10 update, it just stopped working. Had to buy a new network stick to get online again. It was working just fine until that weird update.

Also some other stuff that might not be Win 10 related but rather network issues.

Edit. Hmm, now it's left clicking links but not images. Could be a Mozilla Firefox issue as well.

Last edited:
This happens to me a lot. I think the mouse button has lost its springiness.

Well anyone got any recommendations for good gaming mouses with good price/value - ratio? Not looking for one those with million buttons, just a sturdy one with enough good buttons and a roller on top, don't need the sideways - fuction on the roll.

Well anyone got any recommendations for good gaming mouses with good price/value - ratio? Not looking for one those with million buttons, just a sturdy one with enough good buttons and a roller on top, don't need the sideways - fuction on the roll.

I have been using a UtechSmart Venus MMO mouse. It works good, I haven't had a problem with it in 3 years. It has 12 buttons on the side and you can change the dpi. You can get one from Newegg for under $40. Amazon used to sell it for around $35, but it looks like the price has gone up.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2691JA6282

Back