NCR Vet Ranger Skin

Mikel

First time out of the vault
Good day guys. I was hoping you could help me. I'm a big Fallout 1 and 2 fan and I have played it countless times then and now and just recently I started playing it again and luckily Mr.Killap's RP mod have new version released. I'm having a blast playing the game as a bald dude and all and seeing my companions appearance changed depending on what armor they're wearing. Then I was thinking if it's possible to change the appearance of my character like when I equipped the Combat Armor, is it possible that on the appearance my character will only be wearing the armor but not the helmet. Then as I was surfing the net I stumbled upon this image;
nEOexi.png

I'm not sure if this is legit or something, but hell I would like to play the game all over if my character will look like this! Is there any possible way I could implement or add this to my Fallout 2 game? (I have Mr. Killap's Restoration Project btw). I would really really appreciate if someone could help me. Thank you guys in advance for reading and I hope you guys can help me. Good day to you all.

It would make sense to have it on FIXT as well. This is how Tycho is supposed to look like.

Said description of Tycho, the desert ranger was the basis of making the rangers in FoNV.

I wish that when I wear Combat Armor my avatar will look like that. How cool it will be playing FO2 as a Desert Ranger :jiggy:

That screenshot is using the NCR Veteran Ranger Armor's 3D model made by Luther Blissett for the game FOnline: 2238.
FOnline 2238 doesn't exist anymore and I have no idea where one would access those files now.

EDIT: Actually I think that screenshot was made by @Lexx ?

Yup, this is my screenshot. The files are still on our old 3d repo, there was never a final release, though.

The stuff can still be found in the old 3d model threads over at fodev.net - can't simply drag and drop into Fallout, though. That will require some skills and technical knowledge.

Well that's a bummer. Thank you so much for the info though. Oh! one more thing, is there any way I could change the appearance of my character? Like on my NPCs, when I make them wear Combat Armor or Power Armor, on their sprite they're not wearing helmet, is it possible that I could do that to my character's sprite? That would be cool.

I think that skin is also to be used in the upcoming Van Buren mod. Maybe Hexer or another member of the team can provide some files.

Has anyone made an attempt to bring this into Fallout 2? Or is there a suggested start point? This would be really cool.

You can always contact Hexer (as far as I know he is active on RPG Codex forum), he's probably the guy who has it, as @naossano said he's behind the Van Buren project. Not only ncr vet armour... Cazadores too!

comment_sPaGoDQbhh9OAUV9AWAKbX12bvuWNlxP,w400.jpg

Back