Need Help for Modding!

Vali

Redeemer
Hallo iam new here.

I need help because i want make a mod for fallout and had many questions.

1.how can i configure that when you kill a dog in his inventory are teeths and hide.?

2.how can i make when you use meat on a oven it will be cook.

3.how can i make new perks like gecko skinning for other animals?

So for now thats are my questions...

You seem to be asking for a manual, asking questions like that without signs of research or try on your part?
Do you want to do this on Fallout or Fallout 2 engine? Fallout 1 engine is less handy for scripting, and I never did anything on it so I can't help with this engine.

On Fallout 2, to start with you will need the following tools.
https://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/sfall-script-editor.77/
https://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/fallout-2-proto-manager.73/
And Bis mapper, which I am too lazy to find the link for you right now. Look in the download section.

1, You're gonna need new art for teeth and dog's hide, as I don't think there is something close in the original art. Take a look in the fallout database, in case someone made something alike:
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-database.200205/
Or look up tutorials on new arts and the tools to make them:
https://falloutmods.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_tutorials

Then in dogs script ssl, in it's destroy_p_proc procedure for example, you will need to do something like this with sfall script editor, then compile it:
Code:
 procedure destroy_p_proc begin
variable item1;
variable item2;

item1:=create_object_sid(532, 0, 0, -1);
   item2:=create_object_sid(533, 0, 0, -1);
   add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj,item1,1);
   add_mult_objs_to_inven(self_obj,item2,1);
end

Here, 532 and 533 are pid numbers you could choose for your new proto files, which will obviously need to exist and be correctly registered first in your mod files. I am more or less willingly only giving you pieces of the puzzle, if only to make you understand that you can't expect a full answer by just asking questions, without working yourself to figure how it work.

I could confuse you more (I guess you are confused if you just read) by giving you pieces of answers on 2 and 3, or I could just suggest you do what everyone interested in modding any game must do to start with. Messing with available tools, read tutorials that will give you headaches, studying the game files, step by step trying and failing, step by step trying and succeding in something that work, ect...

Last edited:
Please don't use raw pid numbers. :x There is a reason why stuff like the itempid.h file exists.

@FDO thank you for the help.

Youre right i downloaded the tools and try it maybe i make some mistakes but so i can learn things.

Yes i like to make my own mod beginning with this three things and maybe i do more like new weapons items etc.

The Mod will be for Fallout 2.

Please don't use raw pid numbers. :x There is a reason why stuff like the itempid.h file exists.

Yep, it was just a example I modified from some early script of mine. By the time Vali figure out what item_pid are, he\she should have come across examples of clearer lines. But I didn't think about it, should have written it is better translated as:
item1:=create_object_sid(PID_DOG_TEETH, 0, 0, -1);
item2:=create_object_sid(PID_DOG_HIDE, 0, 0, -1);

Hang in there, Vali. Learning cuves for modding a game always give hell of headaches before you start to assimilate specifics. I went through it with 4 different games so far. Tip, take a look in the headers files mentionned by Lexx, itempid.h to start with. They are in the source files that come with Bis mapper in the case of the original fallout 2, and in the sources sometimes given by modders with their own mods, along with ssl scripts (decompiled scripts or not compiled yet).

Yep, it was just a example I modified from some early script of mine. By the time Vali figure out what item_pid are, he\she should have come across examples of clearer lines. But I didn't think about it, should have written it is better translated as:
item1:=create_object_sid(PID_DOG_TEETH, 0, 0, -1);
item2:=create_object_sid(PID_DOG_HIDE, 0, 0, -1);

Hang in there, Vali. Learning cuves for modding a game always give hell of headaches before you start to assimilate specifics. I went through it with 4 different games so far. Tip, take a look in the headers files mentionned by Lexx, itempid.h to start with. They are in the source files that come with Bis mapper in the case of the original fallout 2, and in the sources sometimes given by modders with their own mods, along with ssl scripts (decompiled scripts or not compiled yet).

Yes i will try it, i always liked to make a own fallout 2 mod.

I have many ideas in mind but i will learn first this things how they will work and begins with small project.

The Idea is that you hunt Animals like Dogs, so you get Pelt and Meat from them... With this you cook on oven roasted meat this will restore some hp like stimpaks.The Pelt you need for craft a Jacket, this will be stronger than leather jacket.

I will change amount of stimpaks and other things so the player is forced at beginning to hunt for have something to heal in combat and to get powerful.

For the moment that is thank you FDO.

Back