New Blood cRPG

Dragula

Stormtrooper oTO
Orderite
"For those new to this project: "Is that Alexander "Red888guns" Berezin's art?" Yes. He's our artist!
"Why are you using Mark Morgan's music?" He's our composer!
"When will this be fully revealed or playable?" Not for a long time!"

This looks pretty great to be honest. At least in terms of artstyle and graphic direction.

At a glance, this looks like a proper Fallout 3 to me, with the reservation that I did not see combat, and that the ISO/3d view seems a bit too close—like Planescape; it doesn't seem to have a far enough distance for ranged PCs IMO. (Unless it can zoom in and out.)

At a glance, this looks like a proper Fallout 3 to me, with the reservation that I did not see combat, and that the ISO/3d view seems a bit too close—like Planescape; it doesn't seem to have a far enough distance for ranged PCs IMO. (Unless it can zoom in and out.)
The combat will be like jRPG style. The player won't aim the weapon and the characters will not move around or anything like that.

The combat will be first person, so kind of like turn based VATS
Yeah the dev confirmed it will be like jRPG dungeon crawl games. I guess that my previous post is missing the "dungeon crawl" part for some reason. I'm sure I typed it, but I probably hit undo by accident or something, I'm too tired to be able to use a keyboard properly. :confused:

MS7RQxL.jpg

That's a shame. IMO if it must be FPP then it should be closer to the Ground Zero tech demo, or at the very least (and last resort) like SuperHot.

I don’t really mind the FPP combat as a concept, although provided that it makes a decent effort at emulating the abstract of the situation (cover, distances, partymembers, etc).

I would’ve probably gone full textparser ala Wasteland and given some choice attack- and death-animations. But be that as it may, I do hope they manage to create something interesting out of this (and by interesting, I mean something more than a postapoc combat sim with a bit of dialogue — repeat after me: Interactivity, interactivity, interactivity).

I am fine with changes to the combat. Fallout combat was shit mostly.

Fallout combat was shit mostly.
IMO it doesn't matter. That's the game series, and numbered sequels should always be built upon the previous games, or they are really just spin-offs like FO3, and FOBOS are.

Personally I rather enjoyed the combat in Fallout 1 & 2—and Tactics [turn based mode only]. In Fallout I particularly liked the regulator fight, and in Fallout 2, I would intentionally start three way faction wars in New Reno. :twisted:

**In Fallout, I replayed the regulator fight until I got Zimmerman to survive it.

Last edited:
IMO it doesn't matter. That's the game series, and numbered sequels should always be built upon the previous games, or they are really just spin-offs like FO3, and FOBOS are.

Personally I rather enjoyed the combat in Fallout 1 & 2—and Tactics [turn based mode only]. In Fallout I particularly liked the regulator fight, and in Fallout 2, I would intentionally start three way faction wars in New Reno. :twisted:

**In Fallout, I replayed the regulator fight until I got Zimmerman to survive it.
Tactics combat was tactical and badass. Combat in Fallout 1 and 2 was point and shoot and use corners a lot.

point and shoot and use corners a lot
...and doors, and human/mutant meat shields, and dropped explosives; dynamite & C4. It was very satisfying to plant a bomb where you expected an enemy to end their turn, and have it go off on them in the next round as a bonus attack. :twisted:

Always great to get the police involved in the HUB, and to get the junkies, prostitutes, and mobsters of Fallout 2 get pulled into your fights, by having your enemies accidentally attack them.

Did you know that if the PC kills a target in the first attack while sneaking, nobody notices?

Last edited:
...and doors, and human/mutant meat shields, and dropped explosives; dynamite & C4. It was very satisfying to plant a bomb where you expected an enemy to end their turn, and have it go off on them in the next round as a bonus attack. :twisted:

Always great to get the police involved in the HUB, and to get the junkies, prostitutes, and mobsters of Fallout 2 get pulled into your fights, by having your enemies accidentally attack them.

Did you know that if the PC kills a target in the first attack while sneaking, nobody notices...

Sure, my point is your options are limited yet instead of following Tactics where you can go prone NO GAME WANTS TO ALLOW PRONE which really triggers my soldier OCD.

I’m actually glad, they’re trying something a bit different and don’t simply make a clone or semi-clone (like Atom or Wasteland 2, and I’m certain I’m forgetting some), but do I still think Fallouts combat was fine; I even like it the way it is because it kinda underlines that there’s more to the game than its combat system. That wouldn’t have been the case with a Tactics-like heavyhanded combat simulation that, as a feature, swallows room from the other possible intricasies the game aims to offer.

I don’t think simplistic (relatively speaking) combat needs to mean bad combat, it just requires a bit different set of mind to approach.

Then again, I have a certain bias because I think not being able to control companions in either of the real Fallout games, was a good thing and made the games more interesting for it; and I also still enjoy Wastelands text-parser combat and Morrowinds combat and gameplay to any later iteration, so there’s that.
I basically like everything most people seem to hate. :monocle:

Last edited:
That's why this decision (sort of) sucks, classic Fallout combat had its moments, but it was too shallow to be called anything more than decent. They could have expanded on it like BOST, but instead they are doing this weird dungeon crawler stuff, then again, New Blood know how to do damn good combat. Do yourself a favour and play Ultrakill and Gloomwod.

i think the most exciting part is that its coming from new blood, i assume its going to be built off some form of gz doom or build instead of being a FO2 conversion so itll be interesting seeing what kind of tricks and mechanics they can work into the game that couldn't have been done with previous FO fan games

i think the most obvious thing would be a complete overhaul of combat, i dont mind the idea of first person turn based vats but i hope the do something interesting with it, i can see the new style would lend its self well to more subtle puzzle design seeing as you can actually see small things in decent detail

Back