New Vegas vs Fallout 4: Weapon amount

D

Deleted member 93956

So Beth... you want quantity over quality right? Bring it on!
https://m.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/41a7gz/weapon_variety_comparison_new_vegas_to_4/

NO DLC included

NV Ballistic Pistols: 12

NV Ballistic Rifles: 32

NV Ballistic Big Guns: 6

NV Energy Pistols: 8

NV Energy Rifles: 10

NV Energy Big Guns: 8

NV Thrown: 10

NV Placed Weapons (mines): 8

NV Bladed Melee Weapons: 19

NV Blunt Melee Weapons: 17

NV Fist Weapons: 18

DLC weapons: a good bunch

Total Number of Weapons: 148

4 Ballistic Pistols: 7

4 Ballistic Rifles: 10

4 Ballistic Big Guns: 6

4 Energy Pistols: 8

4 Energy Rifles: 8

4 Energy Big Guns: 2

4 Thrown: 14

4 Placed Weapons (mines): 6

4 Bladed Melee Weapons: 9

4 Blunt Melee Weapons: 12

4 Fist Weapons: 6

Dlc: probably 5 new enchantments and around 5-10 guns

4 Total Weapons: 85

So, watcha think?
Btw, in the reddit post most people are NV friendlies.

Do pipes and laser pistol/rifles count has different weapons? In the workbench the mods only change the grip.

Do pipes and laser pistol/rifles count has different weapons? In the workbench the mods only change the grip.
Some of them... if in doubt, go check the post. It's the second count.
Oh! And "unique" weapons count, including Deliverer-kind and named legendaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
And "unique" weapons count, including Deliverer-kind and named legendaries.

So, I counted 42 named unique weapons for F4 and 41 unique weapons for vanilla NV and 75 with all the add ons (didn´t count named weapons like Fido since it can be made more than once).

Well... There are actually almost no uniques or variants for weapons in FO4 besides the Deliverer, the Broasider, the Junk Jet, and some other 1-3. All the other are just named weapons you can randomly find with no significant diferences, besides the enchantment.

And FIDO actually can only be made to a max of twice: with the one received during the Think Tank initial conversation and in the X-Sumthin place near the center of the map.

So, I counted 42 named unique weapons for F4 and 41 unique weapons for vanilla NV and 75 with all the add ons.
Btw, should i add your count to the main post? Your say

Yeah, the Laser Pistol doesn't exist in Fallout 4. Its just a Laser Rifle with a short stock. So I guess they got rid of Energy cells. Should we add this to the list of retcons?

Last edited:
Well... There are actually almost no uniques or variants for weapons in FO4 besides the Deliverer, the Broasider, the Junk Jet, and some other 1-3. All the other are just named weapons you can randomly find with no significant diferences, besides the enchantment.

And FIDO actually can only be made to a max of twice: with the one received during the Think Tank initial conversation and in the X-Sumthin place near the center of the map.

I only counted the ones that are named and can only be obtained in one specific location, so no "legendaries".
But since Fido can be obtained more than once without cheating it doesn´t count has a unique.

Btw, should i add your count to the main post? Your say

If you want It, I´m okay with it.

Yeah, the Laser Pistol doesn't exist in Fallout 4. Its just a Laser Rifle with a short stock. So I guess they got rid of Energy cells. Should we add this to the list of retcons?

You mean it wasn´t already added?

Well tecnically Microfusion cells and electron charges are the ones removed right?

Depends on what you consider "unique". There are loads of weapons that are just renamed versions of the standard weapon in Fallout 4. Plus it depends on whether you want to classify things are different weapons based on what ways you modify it. Is a pipe pistol with a scope and higher rate of fire a different weapon than just a pipe pistol?

In the end there are arpund 30 base weapons. Period.
I love how the melee/unarmed combat was better fleshed out in NV than Fo4 and maybe even skyrim.

I love how the melee/unarmed combat was better fleshed out in NV than Fo4 and maybe even skyrim.

Yeah, a bunch of variations of the power fist that actually looked like fists. And perks that made it OP.
Also, Skyrim didn´t have unarmed weapons.

Yeah, a bunch of variations of the power fist that actually looked like fists. And perks that made it OP.
Also, Skyrim didn´t have unarmed weapons.
The fists that shot stuff were a crazy thing in my Unarmed run/build. The Pushy, Paladin Toaster, Industrial Hand, Two-Step Goodbye and some more have a deserved spot on the Shelf of Heroes (along A Light Shining In Darkness) on every playthrough of mine at my house.

The fists that shot stuff were a crazy thing in my Unarmed run/build. The Pushy, Paladin Toaster, Industrial Hand, Two-Step Goodbye and some more have a deserved spot on the Shelf of Heroes (along A Light Shining In Darkness) on every playthrough of mine at my house.

I always give pushy to veronica when I found It. Hilarity ensues after that.
The industrial hand has never useful for me. Maybe because in the Divide every enemy is so strong that a close combat weapon that ignores armor just isn´t good enough.

I miss the fact that we had clarification within the lore on the weapon brands and their origins - fictional or not. Even Fallout 3 had that to some extent.

Back