'Ol Gus is transitioning...

gustarballs1983

Vault Fossil
Modder
.. his PC, to have bigger and more reliable drives..

Yes folks, since I recently turned 41 i aquired extra pocket change from friends and family, and now I'm doing long awaited upgrades to both My rig and a similar rig which used to be my old folks's, main PC.

I'm currently in the process of migrating data on the other rig, and also getting a decent GPU for it, so that I can actually work on my main rig and get the Fo vid upscaling done on the second one, the problem is both rigs use old Bios system, and it's hard to get a proper GPU that works on old Bios system theese days, all the NVIDIAs and AMD's since R/RX series have gotten new vBioses that don't work under legacy motherboards Bios anymore, not to mention, latest win 10 installs have seem to cut support for my mobo, and request some drivers in order to install the OS, hence the data migration. to make matters worse clonezilla doesn't do the cloning right anymore. It seems to forget to copy bootsector for mbr partitions, so i had to revert to using Hiren's Boot CD with older version of clonezilla, that is capable of doing it right.

So I managed to suceed with my main rig, however during the operations on the second rig, my sata=>usb bridge crapped out, and i need to buy a replacement.

However I just wanted to chimmie in and say I'm actually on it, so that You all know the vids will start coming, and that it wasn't just a haystack ignite-zeal, with the Fo1 Vids.

I also think I might have found a place to store the vids online, since my Router allows for a shared network resource on a usb drive, i might actually tunnel that out to the internet somehow, and get a domain naming service, to get a catchy name attached to my internet connection, as soon as i'll sort out everything I'm goig to let You all know.

Back