Olympus 2249 announcement, Olympus 2207 english translation and patch!

Hassknecht

For hate's sake.
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
The good fellas behind Olympus 2207 are announcing the sequel Olympus 2249!
https://olympus2207.com/en/o2-en/
If you haven't played 2207, don't fear, the sequel will be pretty stand-alone. And apparently it will not be a Fallout 2 TC, but a full-featured game by itself, so that's pretty exciting!
World-3.png

Don't know about you guys and gals, but dat Art Deco/Dieselpunk style is certainly making me happy.
Check it out!

In other news, if you so far haven't played the original TC Olympus 2207 because learning Russian is kind of a big commitment for playing a Fallout 2 TC, fret not, the english translation is now finished and a new version was released.
Check it out here:
https://olympus2207.com/en/o1-en/
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/olympus-2207-english-translation.220074/

As soon as I get the time I will play the newly translated Olympus 2207. And I'm looking forward to the sequel which looks really nice.

Started playing Olympus 2207, large open spaces where everyone looks the same but you have to find that one person to talk to in order to progress, like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Here's a review for anyone interested (not mine)

Here's my review after some hours playing the mod
Good:
- An overall decent fallout adventure
- Not many locations, but they're interesting enough
- Some decisions have actual effects on your playthrough (but not so many)
- High fidelity, 100% of the assets are new, not a single reuse.
- New characters and enemies with unique animations
- Some interesting weapon designs
- Crafting - most of the junk you find have an actual use
- Well-made cutscenes, faithful to the original games

Bad:
- My main gripe is that you get constant radiations while in the desert, on the long run this is annoying as f*** as you have to carry anti-rad stuff all the time and these things are limited in number.
- Most of the people you'll encounter are degenerates who will ask you to do very bad things and there's almost never a "nice" way to solve things.
- The prologue (or was it a tutorial?) is useless, best to discourage someone from playing the mod
- No main storyline, no idea what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.
- Some quests are really obtuse and solving them is just based on luck.
- You can lockpick ANYTHING in front of ANYONE, no consequence. I'm guessing modders didn't find how to prevent this, so instead they put traps everywhere... by the way, don't make a character without lockpicking skills or you're going to suffer.
- Music is subpar and not Fallout-y most of the time

Last edited:
Finished with a pretty good ending.

Good:
  • Art design. Cinematics, new sprites, inventory icons and animations are all top notch.
  • Music really sets the mood.
  • A lot to explore with 8 settlements, at least 6 smaller locations and at least 7 special encounters. Thorough exploration can net you unique weapons, armour, skill books, SPECIAL increases and more.
  • Had a few chuckles with the dialogue.
  • A couple of memorable quests and characters.
  • Majority of quests have different paths that utilise different skills and some of them give you choices that affect the ending.
  • Translation is really well done, had no trouble on that front. No idea how faithful it is to the original.
Eh, but not bad:
  • I didn't find crafting system that useful (at least I didn't get any good recipes). Nevada allowed characters with the right skills to make their own ammo, meds etc. Olympus crafting mostly consists of quest items and can be avoided on some occasions by paying or asking NPCs to do it for you.
  • Casanova is barely better than Gambling in FO/ FO2. Had some funny dialogue, not worth the investment.
  • Non-combat skill checks aren't balanced. Tagged Science and had 2 checks in the entire game. Meanwhile Repair and Lockpick checks were everywhere.
Bad:
  • Radiation is just annoying. Going everywhere with 10 rad meds in my pocket wasn't challenging.
  • Ammo types were also annoying. My 9mm was doing 3-9 damage on average with a single shot. When pre-war ammo finally arrived in shops, damage went up to 12-20.
  • Shop inventory is level-scaled. Better armour, better weapons (I didn't see Heavy Weapons until I was level 10), better ammo and even some combat meds appear only after reaching certain level.
  • Several boring fetch quests. Make me fertilizer, bring me 3 chimera teeth, get me a specific gun etc.

Good:

Bad:
- My main gripe is that you get constant radiations while in the desert, on the long run this is annoying as f*** as you have to carry anti-rad stuff all the time and these things are limited in number.
- Most of the people you'll encounter are degenerates who will ask you to do very bad things and there's almost never a "nice" way to solve things.
- The prologue (or was it a tutorial?) is useless, best to discourage someone from playing the mod
- You can lockpick ANYTHING in front of ANYONE, no consequence. I'm guessing modders didn't find how to prevent this, so instead they put traps everywhere... by the way, don't make a character without lockpicking skills or you're going to suffer.

Why the music should be "Fallout-y" if this is not a fallout game? Its in its own univers not in Fallout's.

The good fellas behind Olympus 2207 are announcing the sequel Olympus 2249!
https://olympus2207.com/en/o2-en/
If you haven't played 2207, don't fear, the sequel will be pretty stand-alone. And apparently it will not be a Fallout 2 TC, but a full-featured game by itself, so that's pretty exciting!
World-3.png

Don't know about you guys and gals, but dat Art Deco/Dieselpunk style is certainly making me happy.
Check it out!

In other news, if you so far haven't played the original TC Olympus 2207 because learning Russian is kind of a big commitment for playing a Fallout 2 TC, fret not, the english translation is now finished and a new version was released.
Check it out here:
https://olympus2207.com/en/o1-en/
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/olympus-2207-english-translation.220074/

Hi,
I have been playing Olympus English translation and found glitches/bugs. I am not complaining I was wondering if the devs posted here NMA or would it be best to report at an official site ? The character Cyren sends you on a mission to collect rolls of Tin. He has no idea you have gone inside building found the Tin and offed the monster ting

Good:

Bad:

Yeah getting irradiated in a nuclear wasteland is a bit of a pain. Radout, wild potions and the ghoul in the Metro can sort it but there seems no need at all to quench thirst! I am as dry as a nun's c*** but my rads are no probs. Next perk I will choose rad resistance. My biggest complaint is to have your skills increase you need to pick a certain trait. I only read this hours into the game. Fallout was originally buggy to bits, so i think Olympus for a free game is very good.

Hi, I made a quick video of the bug with the Cyren character from NWO. It says it is too large at just over 35mb. If I put it on Youtube could I then paste a link ? Or am I getting above my newbie status ? lol

I think Olympus 2249 must have quietly died. It's not on the website anymore. Anyone knows what happened?

Back