One for the Good Guys...

Crossfire

Banned
NB: I don't make threads very often and when I do, it tends to be in the complete wrong section of the forum. If I've done that with this thread as well, I apologise.

We all know that there's plenty of youtubers who are nothing short of enamored with Fallout 4 and Bethesda. We're all aware of MrMattyPlays and his ilk. We've all seen the speculative clickbait, the shitty playthroughs and the godless game guides. But, the fight is not lost. The resistance is out there, I know it is. We need a thread to spread the word, one that will instill hope, one... for the good guys.

Basically, this is just a thread to discuss the good guys, the youtubers who are willing to be critical of Bethesda's rectal discharge or maybe they just have some interesting things to say about RPGs in general, whatever. So, list any you're aware of below and help them get some views while also exposing the rest of us to some quality content.

Last edited:
I'm actually not aware of anything you mentioned. I have repressed the traumatic experience of playing FO3 and have not / will never play FO4. I live in blissful ignorance of Bethesda and am still patiently waiting for someone to release Van Burren...

Anyway, I mostly avoid gaming related youtube channels, but I do sometimes watch:

Matt Chat - interviews developers of classic games (particularly CRPGs), sometimes does LP of PC games (again usually RPGs) (bonus: also reviews beer at the end of the episode).

MrBTongue - mainly complains about / criticizes video games

ExtraCredits - general game design / critiquing

I was thinking mister caption as well.
I've also complained about F4 on my channel (I'm considered part of a resistance now, this is good).

I can't really think of anyone else.

Wait, DWTerminator has a pretty good F4 review

I was thinking mister caption as well.
I've also complained about F4 on my channel (I'm considered part of a resistance now, this is good).

I can't really think of anyone else.

Wait, DWTerminator has a pretty good F4 review

Link me to your channel, dawg.

TotalBiscuit is another YouTuber who has been very critical of Fallout 4 and Bethesda in general. He and his wife ripped Bethesda quite a bit during E3.

How could I forget about him.
Totalbiscuit is love

Link me to your channel, dawg.

Although I have a F4 review coming up, maybe part 1 will be uploaded in the next week or so

Super Bunnyhop also did a review on Fallout 4 and his review was more honest about the game than most reviews. He also does analysis on certain games and even got to interview MCA once.

I know Yahtzee is not an actual reviewer but he was able to point out the gameplay flaws of Fallout 4 as a person who is not invested in the franchise. At the very least, he's worth a few laughs though he loses some points with his sweeping statement on New Vegas simply being an expansion of Fallout 3 (granted he was playing the initial launch for a short amount of time).

How is Yahtzee not an actual reviewer? His criticisms are usually on point.
Some people see him as a comedian and he did admit he is more comedian than reviewer.

To me at least, he is more of a critic, which I actually don't mind that since he does not beat around the bush when it comes to criticism and his criticism of game mechanics (and other stuff) makes a lot of sense and are accurate. I do use Yahtzee's reviews in helping me decide whether I should buy a game or not (like Spec Ops: The Line which I bought and liked for its story and ideas among other games).

Last edited:

Says some pretty good things and it's pretty short. Might want to make sure you are in a NSFW environment, this guy is a little angry. Lots of poop references.

Back