The_Den_Resident

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Hello there folks!

Mods:
- RPU 25.0
- Inventory Filter 2.0.
- FO2 tweaks mod 12.8.
- RPU Talking Heads Addon 1.9
- Sfall 4.3.2. using the 4.3.3. ddraw.dll (And ini. setting to stop the messages asking if I want to use its HD patch)

I have recently come upon a bug where even after my radiation counter is completely 0.
I still suffer from Level 2 Radiation sickness with side effects of STR -1. Before this sickness was cured I had 185 Radiation counts. I used Radway and waited for it to go to 35, later I encountered some Centaurs and got more Rads again Rad count now 103. (This amount is not to affect SPECIAL stats)
I go to Redding and get my radiation cured by Doc Painless johnson and still the status Radiated is red in my character menu.

I currently have a radiation count of 0 and my STR is lowered by -1 despite not having any radiation count between 150-299 for the stat penalty to occur and no radiation anyways.
I read a GOG thread from 2013 that stated to use the F12se to remove the unremoved radiation stat.
(GOG thread https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/fallout_2_radiation_glitch)

Upon checking my latest save in the F12se application the Radiation level is shown as 0 on F12se. My STR is down by one Is there a way to fix this? Any suggestions would help, thanks, guys.

My latest Save File with the 0 radiation bug. If you guys need more save files to investigate I'll be more than willing to update this thread with it!

Attachments

Last edited:
It's not a bug. Your stats is still being affected by the radiation sickness, that's why you got the red text. After two days you should get a "you feel better" message and stats fully recovered (no red text anymore).

It's not a bug. Your stats is still being affected by the radiation sickness, that's why you got the red text. After two days you should get a "you feel better" message and fully recovered (no red text anymore).

As long as I don't contract any more radiation correct? I read somewhere that the day counter resets when you contract more.

You see when I had 185 radiation count, it was on July 6, 2242.
The same day at 12:00 I used 1 radaway and rested to for 6 hours. One minute in resting I received a message You feel very nauseous, and after some mild vomiting, slightly fatigued. I tried to wait 6 hours again and it lowered it to 35 Rads.

I drove to Redding and got medical aid to remove it on July 13 2242 18:40.

So based on your prediction the side effects should be fully removed on July 15 2242 18:40.

(I also would like to admit, Fallout 2 is my first Classic Fallout game, playing since October of 2021. If I sound clueless, I would like that to be kept in mind.)

Last edited:
I don't go into the exact time, I just loaded your save, press "rest to 0800" twice and got recovered, so it's neither a bug (check 4.2.4 changelog) nor permanent.

Back