Persona 4 Golden PC on Steam

Ediros

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
It finaly happened, 8 years after it's release on Vita, Atlus did it.

So, first things first. This is not a very demanding game. It was first released on PlayStation 2, not 3, 2.

Because of that, it is much less sophisticated than Persona 5 Royal and much more predictable, plus it's much harder to max out everything even on a ng+.

I am going to point out some differences, since I put over 200 hours into the game:

-The dungeons are randomly generated, bar few rooms on certain floors.
-There is no demon negotiation. Shadows are just enemies to kill.
-Less types of damage (no psy or nuke or gun)
-No technical damage
-Bosses are immune to light and dark, since they are instantkill only
-Worse Graphics
-No grappling hook

However, at it's core it's still a persona game. Not worth buying at full price, but pretty good nevertheless.

Last edited:
I hope some good mods come out for it now that it's on PC. I downed like 400 hours into this game back in collegue, so it has a special place ofr me in my heart but I can't see myself playing it again any time soon, but it's great that more people can experience it, and now that it did so well sales wise, maybe Atlus will consider more PC releases in the near future.

I bought at launch.

Vanilla P4 was one of my all-time favorites on the PS2 and I've always wanted to play Golden but never could due to it being on the Vita (could not justify the investment). I'm at the 2nd last dungeon and it's been great going back into the game again. I miss most of the QoL improvements from P5R but this is a gem on its own.

Back