Pete Hines finally goes away

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

"After 24 years, I have decided my time at Bethesda Softworks has come to an end."

Everyone already knows this but this makes it official. Pete Hines retired. The God of Lore will no longer be in charge of the word stuff. Post Pete Hines memes. Goodnight.

- that gif of Pete and the vault boy from the RPGCodex smilies -

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably know who that guy is if I ever paid attention to anything Bethesda did after New Vegas.

1aejxb.jpg

I think BN and SuA said he was a nice guy when they met him back during the original Fallout 3 demos.

Good on him to get an early retirement and all that, though I wonder if it is Microsoft just not being able to find a use for him, and maybe have some contract that says he can't go work for competitors for X amount of time?

"After 24 years, I have decided my time at Bethesda Softworks has come to an end."

Everyone already knows this but this makes it official. Pete Hines retired. The God of Lore will no longer be in charge of the word stuff. Post Pete Hines memes. Goodnight.
Troika of retardation demoted to stupidity duo. Hopefully Todd or Emil will be gone as well by the time Fallout 5 enters production.

aH5cBh4.jpg

Love the implication in that twitter post that they have to make their games stupid simple to appeal to women and therefore women are dumb.

I know I've already shared this on another thread on here, but this was basically my reaction to the news yesterday:

And like I've said before, this is from a business perspective, nothing personal, strictly business!

Other than that, I hope he lives out the rest of his days peacefully & filled with happiness with friends & family!

:)

It hardly matters anyway, Todd and Emil are most likely way more involved with game development than Pete ever was, and Todd and Emil are still in the company as figureheads.

This is pure speculation but after the sputtering death that was Snorefield, Petey Boy probably saw that trying to spin that shit was beyond hid PR acumen come the next batch of Beth games and decided to pull that golden parachute.

This is pure speculation but after the sputtering death that was Snorefield, Petey Boy probably saw that trying to spin that shit was beyond hid PR acumen come the next batch of Beth games and decided to pull that golden parachute.
Some other big names on Bethesda were also being let go, like Kurt Kuhlmann and Will Shen. I think Microsoft wasn't fully content with the state of Starfield's release and reception, so some heads had to roll.

gOFU54o.png

Hilarious, all the worst parts of Skyrim and Bethesda games for many years now this person was involved in their design. Most likely didn't had the final say on any of them, still looks really bad as a resume, at least from my point of view.

Last edited:
Some other big names on Bethesda were also being let go, like Kurt Kuhlmann and Will Shen. I think Microsoft wasn't fully content with the state of Starfield's release and reception, so some heads had to roll.

gOFU54o.png
That makes the most sense now that Beth is beholden to big daddy Microshaft.

I thought the game sold well though. Since when do companies care about reception or the state of a game's release as long their bottom line isn't hurt?

Back