Fallout 2 mod Pixote's updated RP maps

NovaRain

Casual Modder
Modder
I decided to make a standalone thread so people can find the info/download easier.

Pixote made an update of all RP maps in 2022, and I played through them and made some tweaks/fixes on my fork of RPU. Since the discussion about merging them into the main RPU is kinda on hold, I have packed the only changed files as a mini mod for RPU.

Download: MEGA | Icedrive | MediaFire

Installation:
  1. This mod requires RPU v30. Also, it is recommended to start a new game.
  2. Extract rpu_map_update.dat to the mods folder.
  3. If there is already a mods_order.txt in the mods folder, add the filename after rpu.dat and rpu_<language>.dat. For example:
    mods_order.txt said:
    rpu.dat
    rpu_yourlanguage.dat
    rpu_map_update.dat
    If there's none, start the game once, and there should be a newly generated file. You can then adjust the load order in it.

Some of the major changes:
EPA ground level (old)
epagroundold.jpg

EPA ground level (new)
epagroundnew.jpg

Abbey (old)
abbeyold.jpg

Abbey (new)
abbeynew.jpg

Whoa! I had no idea this existed. Great job, Pixote. I'm definitly going to have to do a re-play with this.

For the EPA? The old map didn't fit into the boundaries properly. You could see the black side areas. The new entrance map is simpler, less clutter. I try to play the game as close to the original resolution as possible, so I don't see too much map at any time.

For the EPA? The old map didn't fit into the boundaries properly. You could see the black side areas. The new entrance map is simpler, less clutter. I try to play the game as close to the original resolution as possible, so I don't see too much map at any time.
I meant like plants and stuff considering what the EPA is I felt like it made sense? Maybe just me.

I cut down on the plants, originally there were about 20, now there is closer to 10. They are still very dangerous so fight with caution, more isn't always better.

Back