Play Fallout 76 because...

MPPlantOfficial

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
"It's just a Beta!!! You NEED to have 500 hours put into Fallout 76 BEFORE you decide you don't like the game!!!! >:(((("

"You NEED to live with Zack Snyder BEFORE you decide you don't like his movies!!! >: (((("

Last edited by a moderator:
I always laugh when they use the time argument in both ways. First they say you barely played the game so you can't judge it and when you say you played the game for a while, they claim you must like the game because you played for so long.

Some people really try so hard to discredit any critical argument.

Flying fucking dragon like mutants. I don't need any more proof it is Oblivion with guns.

Even some of their fans acknowledge it is TES with guns. At least I wouldnt say seanzoz is anti-beth. And even in his F4-parody he compares the mirelurk-queen fight to a dragon-fight. And a lot of other funny shit.

It's all about managing expectations.

Play Fallout 76 if you want a multiplayer survival/exploration game set in the Fallout universe.

Play Fallout 4 if you want ... ??? I don't know, I haven't played it yet.

Play Fallout New Vegas if you want an open-world RPG set in the Fallout universe.

Play Fallout 3 if you want an open-world RPG set in the Fallout universe.

Play Fallout Brotherhood of Steel if you want a violent top-down shoot-em-up set in the Fallout universe.

Play Fallout Tactics if you want a tactics game set in the Fallout universe.

Play Fallout 2 if you want an isometric 90's RPG set in the Fallout universe.

Play Fallout 1 if you want an isometric 90's RPG set in the Fallout universe.

Last edited:
Play Fallout 76 because... you hate yourself.
That’s what cutting and drug use are for. 76 use transcends hate. You play 76 because you want to experience the most exquisitely robust and complete forms of pain this world (and all other worlds) have to offer.

The cennobites themselves couldn’t give you more beautifully excruciating an experience than playing Fallout 76.

Don't waste your energy hating games you think are bad. The stress is bad for your health. Just laugh at them instead.

For example, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing may be the worst game of all time from a technical standpoint, but it brings laughter and joy to many.

Last edited:
Survival games like that are just like battle royales. It's everywhere and everyone's tired of it. As far as I can tell, it's a mix of lootfest grind with crappy survival aspects on it. I agree that when you buy a game your expectations will affect your opinion a lot. That's why my opinion on 76 is very different than 4. I expected something different.

But when we get the flood of games like 7 Days to Die, ARK, Atlas, Rust, etc and Bethesda shows up with a buggier version what do you expect? Sure, we're gonna hate it because it's not the Fallouts we want but it's also NOT GOOD. It's bad in general.

I'd understand more of what you're saying if the game was a decent survival game in its own right, but it's not. That's like saying Fallout 4 is a great open world shooter when you have much better options already available. I'd rather play Far Cry or STALKER than Fallout 4. If it's the open world and dialogue and choices you're looking for just play Witcher 3 (overrated but way better than Fallout 4).

There are better options for both Fallout 4 and 76 without a doubt. Fallout New Vegas is just good Fallout 3. So, when people diss a Bethesda game, what do you expect? I even think 3 is a mediocre game but when you have the exact same thing but amazing in New Vegas, why would I go launch Fallout 3?

That’s what cutting and drug use are for. 76 use transcends hate. You play 76 because you want to experience the most exquisitely robust and complete forms of pain this world (and all other worlds) have to offer.

The cennobites themselves couldn’t give you more beautifully excruciating an experience than playing Fallout 76.
The mental image of Todd Howard as a Hellraiser Cenobite will never leave my mind, now.
"We have such glitches to show you!"

Survival games like that are just like battle royales. It's everywhere and everyone's tired of it.

But when we get the flood of games like 7 Days to Die, ARK, Atlas, Rust, etc

Is the survival genre generating the same flood of games that battle royale is? I feel like there's a big difference between ARK and PUBG/Fortnite.

Release Dates:
Minecraft - May 17, 2009
Rust - December 11, 2013
7 Days to Die - December 13, 2013
ARK - Early access began mid-2015
Fallout 76 - November 14, 2018
Atlas - December 21, 2018, made by same people as ARK

and Bethesda shows up with a buggier version

I had to refund Rust because it was unplayable on my PC due to poor optimization and severe hard drive demands, but I could run Fallout 76 smoothly. 76 does have a huge number of bugs, but they seem to be patching them out.

There are better options for both Fallout 4 and 76 without a doubt.

You listed some alternatives to Fallout 4 but what survival games do you feel are better than 76?

I'd understand more of what you're saying if the game was a decent survival game in its own right, but it's not.

I can see how it feels like a bare bones survival mod for Fallout. But it's still a lot of fun to play with friends that are also Fallout fans. I don't even like the survival genre, but I'm having an OK time playing 76 so far.

what survival games do you feel are better than 76?
7 Days to Die for sure. It's been awhile since I played that so I can't be but so certain.
Is the survival genre generating the same flood of games that battle royale is? I feel like there's a big difference between ARK and PUBG/Fortnite.

Release Dates:
Minecraft - May 17, 2009
Rust - December 11, 2013
7 Days to Die - December 13, 2013
ARK - Early access began mid-2015
Fallout 76 - November 14, 2018
Atlas - December 21, 2018, made by same people as ARK
Why are you showing me release dates? Those aren't the only survival games that have been released, I'm almost certain of it. Just because Battle Royale is HUGE doesn't mean we haven't gotten an influx of survival games over the past couple of years. It's just a similar effect. I'm sure Steam has a good decent overrun of Survival games especially around 2013-2015.

I can see how it feels like a bare bones survival mod for Fallout. But it's still a lot of fun to play with friends that are also Fallout fans. I don't even like the survival genre, but I'm having an OK time playing 76 so far.
The weight limits are a big issue, if not the biggest of the design in my opinion. It's insane to think that you can't store but so many items in this game when smaller companies can let you store absurd amounts of junk something like 7 Days or ARK. I know it's probably some engine issue but that doesn't excuse the criticism. They keep piling stuff on top of older games in a sense, and it causes issues. If they're so comfortable with the Creation engine, then they should build a game entirely from the ground up with it and quit reusing things that cause so many issues.
I had less bugs in 7 Days to Die easily.
Perk cards are annoying. Diseases aren't threatening at all but just enough to annoy you again. End game is ridiculous from what the few people I know that made there have told me. It's boring, no one wants to do it, etc. People are able to cheat easily, access a test room, duplicate items.
It's a mess. Maybe they'll make it a stable game in its own right eventually but as for now, it's boring and dumb. I shouldn't have to restart my game and server hop 4 times to complete a quest about killing a generic scorched with a special name.

Back