playing wasteland 2... still

Soapstone

It Wandered In From the Wastes
as per my fallout/fallout 2 experience i keep messing up somehow and have to start the game over, however this time i have a good game i think, but i am not sure if i messed up royally with ag center and highpool: i was exploring the world map and i eventually got a Game Over, so i reloaded to a save just before and found out that due to me taking my time, both Highpool and Ag Center got destroyed so i am working on getting the radio tower in the rail nomad camp fixed, however i need to get the power going which means i have to get the stupid feud fixed as well as take out the rail thieves...

why do i get the feeling that this whole feud is one big misunderstanding? i have the feeling i am supposed to steal the golden spike but i am unable to get into the meeting hall as the 2 other entrances are locked and have alarms and my skills are showing at 0% even though they are at rank 2-3. i did disable the explosives on the doors at least.

my party is currently around lvl 7-8.

I think you should restart/reload the game and deal with the Highpool/Ag Center issue* first. Vargas says that one is of most urgency, IIRC.

*pretty much everybody hates the fact that such a big decision is forced on you at the game's beginning, but eh, it's Wasteland 2. There is a shitton of flaws in that one. Enjoy.

since i let both of them perish, will it change later portions of the game?

Well, you're left without a very useful companion for starters (usefulness depends on choices - but I don't want to spoil). Game's ending slides will be different (depending on how seriously you take the story, significantly different), and maybe some of the NPCs' reaction to you (but I'm not sure).
Other than that, no, I don't think there's much change. I still think you should do the rescue quest. What kind of a Ranger are you, man? Besides, you've only started the game. You won't lose much by restarting.

I think you should restart/reload the game and deal with the Highpool/Ag Center issue* first. Vargas says that one is of most urgency, IIRC.

*pretty much everybody hates the fact that such a big decision is forced on you at the game's beginning, but eh, it's Wasteland 2. There is a shitton of flaws in that one. Enjoy.

How many issues are there? I wanted to buy the game, but I keep hearing mixed results.

if you have played fallout 1 and 2, you will like wasteland 2. if you havent, it probably won't be as fun. especially if you didnt grow up with these types of games. it can get very silly, though. there are some bugs here and there that can crash your game as well, but nothing that saving often can prevent.

Everyone tells me to go rescue Ag Center over Highpool. i did that once, before screwing up royally and having to restart the game, and went for Highpool the second time, i rescued someone locked up but i never knew where they went, and they said to follow them cuz they wanted to talk to me. i gave up looking for them.

started over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played wasteland 2 DC some time ago, got to that mission where you have to decide who to rescue, pretty early in the game. I remember i had problems with the camera, just didn't feel right, installed a mod for it, but then the combat didn't work so i lost interest and stoped playing it.

Back