Post Apocalyptic Gaming News

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is coming...eventually.

$

Not much to look at, but it lets us know we can expect another round of post apocalyptic themed clones.

Metro Exodus will no longer be released this year instead being moved to Q1 2019. Here is some PR speak saying as much:

"The development of Metro Exodus is progressing well; we are all really excited by what we are seeing. We have been constantly reviewing the games progress to ensure that we deliver a product that gamers and fans of the Metro series want and deserve, as well as keeping an eye on announcements from our competitor products. We want everyone to be able to experience what is the most ambitious Metro game to date at its absolute best and therefore we have taken the decision to move the release date to Q1 2019.

"We know that this will be disappointing news for fans that had hoped to play the game this year, but also know that you will appreciate the results that this additional development time and new release date will bring. We would also like to take this opportunity to confirm that at E3 in June we will be revealing some brand new gameplay from a never before seen game environment for you to enjoy."

Then this awful Rage 2 trailer.

This news is all coming not long after a Gearbox Rep said Borderlands 3 would not be at E3. Funny how all these games look the same. Mad Max was a mistake folks. Frostpunk is getting good reviews as a side note in this FPS focused news blurb, so we can fill our cold weather apocalypse niche as well. I will keep this updated since there appears to be quite a few coming out.

Considering STALKER's history, I'm going to guess that no one is holding their breath. You can only hope for the best...

Open world games have developed a lot since Stalker was first released. Maybe they could now finally realize their plans for the original with a living world and stuff

I thought Borderlands was dead, and the people who made it done with it prior to the Pre-Sequel. Is anyone important from the first two likely to even be working on the third?

NM, I could've easily just looked it up. Story by the voice of Scooter I guess. After the the last game's reception, and some of those later DLCs for the second game, I'm not sure that I expect anything good out of that series anymore.

Borderlands was a fun loot and shoot game. But outside of that, it was nothing special.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2... hmmm, not sure about this. Beside the fact the title is a lie (it's the 4th game in the series, so call it 4), I really feel it's a series that's been done already.

Metro 3 however, I'm okay with this.

Edit. And Rage 2. Huh, this took me by surprise. I honestly got bored of the first very quickly so I don't care for it. No one did. It was forgotten about very quickly. Just kill that franchise.

I can't believe you have to pay to see the sources, that's horseshit.
Also, it's probably physical sales only, since those new vegas ultimate edition sales look pretty low. That's been super cheap on steam lots of times, must have sold more than 200k.
Also also, this graph is shitty what with having the add-on packs for FO3 listed, but not the GOTY edition or whatever it's called. Probably related to the physical sales thing.

Back