Post Apocalyptic Grab Bag for Smarch 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
T

TorontoReign

Happy Smarch everyone
iu

Post apocalyptic has come back in style in recent months with Far Cry: New Dawn and Metro Exodus, which everyone and their Dogmeat has heard of, but there are tons of games that slip through the cracks, including this one I didn't hear of until today.

Then a tease of this series I'm not too fond of but people like.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/13/borderlands-3-announcement-teased/

But what I am sure you all want to hear more about is this game...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/12/fallout-76-brewing-delayed/

Stay tuned for more ripoffs of better games in the coming months. Cheers.

---
Mutant Year Zero is part of this month's Humble Monthly along with Borderlands 2 GOTY being on sale for 10 bucks on Steam.

Thanks to Atom for pointing out the former.

Don't Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland:
On Steam
On Gog.com

And:
RagTag

Thanks to Risewild for pointing those out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to love Borderlands, but it is more or less dead to me now. I wish they had gone in a very different direction after the first game.

Atomicrops looks like someone set out to combine Nuclear Throne and Stardew Valley. Looks cool.

I had no idea about that Atomicrops.
I think there isn't enough Post-apocalyptic that take it in a humorous way. This game seems like it might spike my interest. I will have to take a closer look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea about that Atomicrops.
I think there isn't enough Post-apocalyptic that take it in a humorous way. This game seems like it might spike my interest. I will have to take a closer look at it.
At first I thought it would be a post-apocalyptic Harvest Moon style game, which, to be honest, I could totally get behind, but it looks more like a twin stick shooter?

At first I thought it would be a post-apocalyptic Harvest Moon style game, which, to be honest, I could totally get behind, but it looks more like a twin stick shooter?
Seems like it's a mixture.
The stuff I saw (which wasn't much, since it seems there isn't much info about this game available yet), seems to show that you are planting and watering crops at the same time you are shooting enemies.

So the idea I got after taking a look at the available info, is that it is like Harvest Moon, but enemies are pouring in your "farm" while you're taking care of it, so you deal with the enemies and have to take care of your crops at the same time.

Seems like it's a mixture.
The stuff I saw (which wasn't much, since it seems there isn't much info about this game available yet), seems to show that you are planting and watering crops at the same time you are shooting enemies.

So the idea I got after taking a look at the available info, is that it is like Harvest Moon, but enemies are pouring in your "farm" while you're taking care of it, so you deal with the enemies and have to take care of your crops at the same time.
Yeah, I thought so. Just thought it would involve more focus on crops and trades and stuff and less on defending from enemies ^^

Hey @TorontRayne . I found 2 other Post-apocalyptic games released on March (just a few days ago):

Don't Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland:
On Steam
On Gog.com

And:
RagTag

Both seem interesting to me. They seem like they can be a good respite from action/shooting/real-time Post-apocalyptic games that dominate the market.

Last edited:
@TorontRayne

I guess you could add that Mutant Year Zero is part of this month's Humble Monthly. It seems like a unique take on PA genre, with XCOM-style gameplay.

Back