Question about increasing the companion limit in Fallout 2

Chingis

First time out of the vault
Is there a mod that allows you to take more than five companions in the game at a time?
Or is it possible to modify the game by changing files and achieve a similar result?
Has anyone else asked such a question, can you help?

Is there a mod that allows you to take more than five companions in the game at a time?
Or is it possible to modify the game by changing files and achieve a similar result?
You could, because the charisma stat doesn’t affects the size of your party in the first game.

In fact, there’s this minimod where you can enable a couple of things, such as infinite player party: https://github.com/BGforgeNet/FO2tweaks?ysclid=lzvpytbrxk946354519

Also:
If you didn’t join any of the rival families of the Bishops, in Reno, you could follow the guide, below. It’s up to you:

@Zaius238

Do You know a way to change this cap in FoSonroa as well?

i tried adding the proto IDs to the override but it doesn't seem to work..

there is still a 5NPC companion limit in Sonora that fo2tweaks doesn't tackle..

@Zaius238

Do You know a way to change this cap in FoSonroa as well?

i tried adding the proto IDs to the override but it doesn't seem to work..

there is still a 5NPC companion limit in Sonora that fo2tweaks doesn't tackle..
Have you tried saving in one of the slots, while you’re at the same map (same level, as well) where an optional companion is currently at, and making use of this: https://1drv.ms/u/c/4e41ff053a58084a/EUoIWDoF_0EggE49AQAAAAABQ6F06or-l4cNzHozMGws8Q?e=2mTM2j

You can make NPCs follow you with this program.

I’ve used this in a past RP playthrough to include Lenny in my team, get him aboard yet again, because he abandoned us due to my low charisma stat (my charisma received a temporary debuff, after taking drugs). I’ve used F2Explorer to get me out of a facility (right at the exit grid) with active yellow force fields, too (you can change the “hex” you’re currently standing on, with this application).

It’s said to work with Fallout mods, like Fallout Sonora (the mod is mentioned in the NexusMods page), but I haven’t tried it yet. Better make a backup before modifying anything!

is this a save editor or something?

Nah.. that would be plain cheating, I'm interested in modding the game so that i could pull stunts ingame, not go around and save edit stuff..

As for Fo2RP/RPU fo2tweaks does the job of party cap removal pretty decently. last time i remembered i hired all of them, although You pretty much need corowd control functions when in small/narrow spaces and one of the mutts decide to block your path inbetween two other party members with bigger sprites, like marcus or humans & lenny in power armors..

But yeah more interested how to pull this off in Sonora.

Last edited:
You asked me about ways of changing the party limit of Fallout Sonora, I mean you no offense, but that’s using cheats in this total conversion. Fallout Sonora and its expansion weren’t built for 5+ squad playthroughs, you’d have to make major changes to them to make them balanced for such a thing. Hence why I thought you’d have no issues about using F2Explorer, otherwise I wouldn’t have even mentioned it.

But since that’s not an option for you, sorry, I’m afraid I can’t assist you.

Well it's good to know there are tools to achive such stunts, though, I'd prefer to do such stunts ingame, by manner of ingame scripts, rather than, save editing.

I know Neither Fo2 engine games weren't designed for large party, I assume Sonora was actually ment to be played solo. You usually get one measly radscorp as random enemies. though the number increses as party grows. at 5 party npcs You usually encounter 3 to 4 large radscorps, and that's more exp. so it's nice to roam wit a bigger party, despite the fact, that they rarely get a chance to shoot at anything. I usually tackle most if not all mobs in random encounters myself in first round. After Dayglow when one can have *even* more Turboplasmas to equip his teammates with ( that's by Fo2MechanicsMiniRework so they have decent combat skill levels, plus some heavy perk sharing from sfall-mods.ini), and they suddenly become decent in kill speed..
Though as you said.. no need for that, Party is mostly only there so that the "meh" encounters give more exp.
however it would be really nice for the sake of completionism to be able to have all companions enlisted, as of right now at least one or two will have to be skipped.

Back