Raider Troubles at Sanctuary Hills

Irwin John Finster

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
I've tried reloading as far back as 5 hours of gameplay. I have then dropped enough turrets at Sanctuary hills to have Defense = 90. There is no mark showing defense is low in the Pip-Boy, yet I am still randomly beginning and immediately failing this quest titled "Raider Troubles at Sanctuary Hills." The pip-boy says "I should talk to preston garvy and let him know we won't be gaining the support of Sanctuary Hills." Support for what?

I go to tell Preston, and he has nothing regarding this - no dialogue regarding this quest, it just says "talk to preston garvy" and won't disappear from my pipboy quest list.

Did the game just bug out and glitch a quest and if so is this "gaining support of Sanctuary Hills" important to the game? I searched to see if others are having same problem and they are, but no clear solution regarding what this quest is or how to fix this bug.

The worst part of them are they are all auto accepting. Did you want to go <settlement> where <settler> says <event> at <location> happens? No? Then why the hell were you 5 feet away from Preston? Since the female player character was a lawyer she should be able to file a restraining order against Preston and the like for their radiant crap.

The worst part of them are they are all auto accepting. Did you want to go <settlement> where <settler> says <event> at <location> happens? No? Then why the hell were you 5 feet away from Preston? Since the female player character was a lawyer she should be able to file a restraining order against Preston and the like for their radiant crap.

Yeah I hate it how you are almost forced to do the quest and that they're boring.

I remember I was auto given three settler quests after killing the Mirelurk Queen and setting up the radio. I did them which consisted of slaughtering EVERYTHING that exists in those areas then running back to the generic NPC that says "okthnxbye".

I remember I was auto given three settler quests after killing the Mirelurk Queen and setting up the radio. I did them which consisted of slaughtering EVERYTHING that exists in those areas then running back to the generic NPC that says "okthnxbye".

Who gives you a generic or random reward.

I dislike leveled loot sometimes or leveled rewards since they end up being a generic item that's worse then what you found.

I dislike leveled loot sometimes or leveled rewards since they end up being a generic item that's worse then what you found.

Meaning that what you did was pointless.

Yes since no form of change happens besides "Thanks for killing those ghouls! Here's a shitty house we can live in now!" or "Thanks for jump starting my ship that landed on another building not far from where we initially landed.". I got "The Cannonball" which will never be used after busting my balls running accross the map and slaughtering never ending scavengers for this joker of a captain. So...not...worth it.

Yes since no form of change happens besides "Thanks for killing those ghouls! Here's a shitty house we can live in now!" or "Thanks for jump starting my ship that landed on another building not far from where we initially landed.". I got "The Cannonball" which will never be used after busting my balls running accross the map and slaughtering never ending scavengers for this joker of a captain. So...not...worth it.

With Bethesda it never is.

I got a settler quest at Norhagen Beach to clear a site of Ghouls. Well, on the way to kill the ghouls I passed East City Downs - a horse racing track populated entirely by raiders who shoot you on site. So basically those settlers are totally ok with hostile raiders next door, but not ok with feral ghouls further down the road.

I would honestly view these repeat quests as good in the sense they add more content if there was also an effort placed on making a deep role playing game. But instead Fallout 4 is entirely about these repetitive base clearing quests and looting, so it's just Borderlands only you play it by yourself and it's not as funny or clever.

It's also starting to grate on me that I have about 15-20 settlements and none of them knows how to place light bulbs, generators, or plant food. I'm not going to totally bash the settlements idea because the overall theme of making the Wasteland look more alive and rebuilding it, and having more options in the game is nice, but I guarantee a large amount of the 61 hours I have in Fallout 4 has been spent traveling between settlements because these people can't feed themselves and demand that I and I alone build them their beds.

Last edited:
Back