Rank Various Game Series

Rank the games in various series and provide a number ranking out of ten for each and your reasoning at the end.
One series per post please.

1. Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition - 8/10
  2. Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition - 7.5/10
  3. Witcher 3 - 7/10
I feel the original Witcher game in the trilogy caught the gameplay and narrative focus of what makes being a Witcher fun. The alchemy was much more thought out than its successors and the world felt more authentic to its Slavic roots that gave the game a real charm. Witcher 2 went for a more action-rpg feel with really floaty combat that was annoying, the story was interesting but by this point the sex scenes and reliance on cutscenes really made the bare-bones dialogue mechanics noticeable (as it did with their forebears at bioware). Witcher 3 really jumped the shark with the needlessly limiting skill system that resembled an anorexic version of Skyrim's own system. The open world really lost the focus and identity found in the hub based areas of previous entries and alchemy was seemingly added in as an afterthought when an open world would seemingly be an alchemists wet dream. The main story didn't really fit the open world design and was underwhelming outside of the 1st act with the prologue being a snooze fest, the wild hunt barely being an entity outside of cutscenes and Ciri sequences, and the final act being a series of set pieces that offer little to no re-playability or creativity in the way of gameplay. The first Witcher felt like an earnest attempt at an rpg while the sequels felt like grabs for commercial success with an ever more cinematic and simplified game as a result.

Would like to see a Witcher 3: Enhanced Edition that adds in more quests and branches in existing quests, I know the Ivoreth path was completely cut from the game which is bullshit. I would like to see them switch to the lighting engine to be more in line with the earlier trailers and maybe rework the prologue to be Geralt arriving in Nilfgard occupied Vizima with Vesemir (completely cutting White Orchard). Would like to see combat, alchemy, magic, basically all of the gameplay, and the skill system reworked to not be shit and put more of a focus on character-building, preparation, and tactics.

229997-The_Witcher-Geralt_of_Rivia.jpg

Last edited:
Back