Real life parrelels in our faction choices? and sympathies.

Quagmire69

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
I want too pose a question too everyone. What are your real world politics, your game faction sympathies, and how do they relate. Like for instance I like playing as Caesars Legion specificly because their alien to myself. That way if I do anything bad in the game like helping cannibals I don't feel bad. Your thoughts?

Logically I would have to stand with Mr. House. His plan for the wasteland would do more for the human race than anything. Also if we take the good moral outcome he would also be quite benevolent.

The legion are slavers and conquerors. They are a backwards society lead by a sudo intellectual. Fuck them.

The NCR aren't much different then a 19th century America. They have the manifest destiny mentality. While I believe this would eventually follow the same path.

The followers are excellent except they don't have the military balls that would create a protected stable society the way Mr. House would. I would say the followers better follow my real life goals except for that one point.

The BOS would be much the same as the followers except their self imposed isolation.

Libertarian-anarhist-leavemethefuckaloneist here, so I consider the Fallout universe just about perfect the way it is... I usually work for both (or "all") sides, trying to create as much havoc as possible. This includes NCR/VC/Bos/Shi etc, any faction that may eventually "take over"... Organized society, shit, who needs it? I'm OK with Den/Klamath/Redding & such though...

My favourite faction is the BoS, but if you're talking about which faction I would support if I was actually the Courier, then I would support Yes Man, as I am a Libertarian in real life. Although, I haven't done a Mr. House playthrough yet, so I don't know what his real goals are.

My favourite faction is the BoS, but if you're talking about which faction I would support if I was actually the Courier, then I would support Yes Man, as I am a Libertarian in real life. Although, I haven't done a Mr. House playthrough yet, so I don't know what his real goals are.

House doesn't have any sort of hidden agenda, he tends to be very honest if you talk to him. He mostly wants to create a independent, fairly libertarian, city-state, driven by tourism, commerce and eventually technology and industry while maintaining an alliance with NCR as a valuable trade partner.

ramessesjones said:

House doesn't have any sort of hidden agenda, he tends to be very honest if you talk to him. He mostly wants to create a independent, fairly libertarian, city-state, driven by tourism, commerce and eventually technology and industry while maintaining an alliance with NCR as a valuable trade partner.

Hmmm... but doesn't he make you wipe out the Mojave BoS? I don't really like that too much...

RogerMaxson37 said:
ramessesjones said:

Hmmm... but doesn't he make you wipe out the Mojave BoS? I don't really like that too much...

He would make an alliance but due to their attitude to outsiders and outsiders having technology its out of the question. The Brotherhood have dug their own grave in this aspect.

RogerMaxson37 said:
ramessesjones said:

He does but the BOS are a bunch of wankers ever since Fallout.

House is a greedy capitalist and an elitist snob who doesn't give a fuck about a common man. So, for me, House would not be an IRL option, fuck House and fuck him right in his rectal tube.

The Legion is a slave driven fascist society led by a tyrant, so a big NO NO.

NCR reminds me too much of the current society, with gigantic and mostly useless bureaucracy, bullshit propaganda, hypocrisy and corruption. So no.

BoS are right wing fucktards and isolationist fanatics so no.

Yes Man would be a great choice, if you never saw Terminator.

I think my support lies with the Followers, they are intelligent, benevolent and anarchistical, so yeah, it's probably the Followers.

Atomkilla said:
Silas said:
I think my support lies with the Followers, they are intelligent, benevolent and anarchistic...

...and has no military strength whatsoever...

But has hot doctor chicks wearing science coats and leather boots. :)

I'm actually a huge BoS fan, i just can't stand the way they have been portrayed recently and are constantly leaning on the far right. :x

BoS should rise again, bucketheads and all. :|

Also, i'm a big fan of the Westside-like society. Cooperation, solidarity and a big whore house in the middle of it.

I think Noral absolutism is completely retarded, so I look at the bigger picture, I have made 5 runs so I keep switching between faction to side with, but the oine that feels that will do the most good is siding with the NCR, now that the followers ending has been patched (that bug had to intentional, like a reference to FO1 good and canon ending for tje FOllowers of the Apocalypse ending) the NCR might be very flawed, but honesty and wide eyed idealism are not gonna solve shit.they at least have the potential to improve when a different leader is elected.

White Knight said:
RogerMaxson37 said:
ramessesjones said:

He would make an alliance but due to their attitude to outsiders and outsiders having technology its out of the question. The Brotherhood have dug their own grave in this aspect.

Well, it's more like the NCR dug the grave for the BoS. They weren't as hostile when they actually had power.

RogerMaxson37 said:
White Knight said:
RogerMaxson37 said:
ramessesjones said:

Well, it's more like the NCR dug the grave for the BoS. They weren't as hostile when they actually had power.

Don't kid yourself. The BoS fired the first shot in the war, and the NCR retaliated. It wouldn't have happened if the BoS weren't so xenophobic and over-zealous. So they dug their own grave by waging war on a bigger faction.

White Knight said:
Don't kid yourself. The BoS fired the first shot in the war, and the NCR retaliated. It wouldn't have happened if the BoS weren't so xenophobic and over-zealous. So they dug their own grave by waging war on a bigger faction.

I could have sworn the BoS originally discovered the Helios One Facility and the NCR took it from them.

RogerMaxson37 said:
White Knight said:

I could have sworn the BoS originally discovered the Helios One Facility and the NCR took it from them.

Indeed

RogerMaxson37 said:
White Knight said:

According to Van Braun (which elements of it may or not be cannon) The Brotherhood started it.

Then again the one thing I don't like in Van Braun is how it was going to handle the NCR-Brotherhood war

The Brotherhood (atleast any elements we've seen as of late) have totally dug their own grave. Kinda glad to see 'em go, myself.

Sabirah said:
RogerMaxson37 said:
White Knight said:

According to Van Braun (which elements of it may or not be cannon) The Brotherhood started it.

Then again the one thing I don't like in Van Braun is how it was going to handle the NCR-Brotherhood war

Yeah, true, but like you said, it may not be canon. I don't really think that it should count since you could count the entire game as "cut content".

RogerMaxson37 said:
White Knight said:

The war isn't only over Helios ONE, in-fact in the NCR-BoS ending slide it says that the war continued to be fought back in California. The loading quote in New Vegas says, "The Brotherhood waged a long and bloody war against the NCR"" and about half way through this Sawyer interview he says it was because the NCR refused to relinquish tech to the Brotherhood.

Back